• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 change chain case oil?

Catrider144

Premium Member
Jun 1, 2012
North Dakota
I recently bought a 2013 M800 Sno Pro with 550 miles on it. The chain case oil has never been changed. I have always had an older M series sled, so changing the oil on that was not a problem. I can't figure out how to do it on this sled. Anyone have some advice or info on ho I change this? Thank you

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Pull the toe stop piece out of the rh side. 4 T20 torx bolts. Remove the 1 T20 torx that holds the rh side panel to the foothold so you can pull it toward you. Then just remove all the T30 torx bolts that hold the chaincase cover on (remove it WITH the oil tank). There are a couple holes in the chaincase protector that will allow the oil to drain out. CHECK CHAIN AND TENSIONER. Clean up the belly pan and reassemble and fill with oil.

A

ArcticKing

Dec 2, 2012
South Dakota
I still have the stock can on my sled so it was in the way. I ended up taking off the hood to remove the pipe/can then did exactly as racinstation said.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks for the info. Stupid question though. Does the oil in the tank not drain out?

No, you need to keep the oil reservoir mounted on the outside of the chain case cover. Make sure you are only taking the chain case cover screws out. You can leave the oil line hooked up to the reservoir and just move the whole assembly out of the way instead of un-hooking the line etc. When reinstalling the screws make sure you put them all in by hand before tightening them down, those ears on the cover can break off pretty easy.

Premium Features