• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2Moto Bikes-Sleds ???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Pirate Argggggggggggg

Jump ship in a heartbeat? So much for your dedication to the Hawk??!!

My dedication is to great ideas, your's should be a good one too, if it ever gets off the ground.:light:

I meant what I said, if something else can outmanuever, climb, sidehill, weigh less, cost less, and make me smile more, I'm in!:heart:

Otherwise our Snow Hawks in the majority of conditions will cut everything else to pieces!

Last edited:
U
Dec 27, 2007
Just wanted to check in here with some comments on the 2 Moto stuff. I am very interested in this product and I’m trying to convince Brett Blaser and the crew to help the Utah Avalanche Center with some sort of sponsorship arrangement. I have not been on any of their stuff nor the Snowhawk but I’m totally sold on the single ski machines. With the potential maneuverability of these machines, I think they could be extremely useful for us.

With all the machines (sleds and singles) able to get into more serious avalanche terrain just emphasizes the importance of the various avalanche centers to keep in touch with the community out there. We need to be visiting the same terrain to help provide the best information to people to help them make informed decisions out there. It seems to me that we should be using the most agile equipment available.

I’m hoping a little public discussion will help coerce Brett and the crew into a deal. (just kidding but I do think both our organizations would benefit from a partnership)

I look forward to seeing some of you folks out in the backcountry in the Salt Lake area.

Brett Kobernik
Avalanche Forecaster
Utah Avalanche Center

B
Nov 28, 2007
Blaser . PLease attach a video of this competition you say over whelmed the Hawk . I know bikes well and the clutches won't handle the constant shifting . Your misleading many people . My judgement is this would work well on flat and small hills . Don't reply to me . Just attach a respectable video . Don't tell me you don't have one either . Hawk addict did .

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Blaser . PLease attach a video of this competition you say over whelmed the Hawk . I know bikes well and the clutches won't handle the constant shifting . Your misleading many people . My judgement is this would work well on flat and small hills . Don't reply to me . Just attach a respectable video . Don't tell me you don't have one either . Hawk addict did
M1000
HAWK 600
RMK 700

Gee, no bias here.

j/k, but hey, at least you can spell and write in full sentences. ;)Argggggggggh!!:rolleyes:

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Blaser . PLease attach a video of this competition you say over whelmed the Hawk . I know bikes well and the clutches won't handle the constant shifting . Your misleading many people . My judgement is this would work well on flat and small hills . Don't reply to me . Just attach a respectable video . Don't tell me you don't have one either . Hawk addict did .

Here we go again...

I haven't seen a Hawkaddict video of how a Hawk compares to any other snow vehicle? Does such a video exist? That would be great to see.

7 years of dirt bikes on snow with stock clutches, and no clutch replacements yet. Our KTM 525 has about 400+ hours on it- no clutch issues. Same with 2 Berg 650's. No clutch issues, and no misleading.

Mr. "extreme hawk" is a good friend. He showed up at one of our demo rides a few years ago with his 600 Hawk to do some damage. We had 2 of our 6 year old Sidewinder short track prototypes, on 50hp KTM's. After a bit of Hawk-frustrating tree riding, he wanted to line them up on the steep climb for a drag race. After he couldn't beat me there, we went to the backside for some even steeper chute races. Same story. BTW, our RadiX kit is 500% better than the prototypes

You could also call or PM him and ask him how we compared on the trail last year... I believe there were 3 Hawks in a row that we passed-

I'll bring the video hard drive home from the shop and upload a few for you-
Bring out the popcorn

S
Nov 28, 2007
Hyrum UT
Blaser About You 2moto Bikes

I Think The Correct Words Would Be Nut Up Or Shut Up. You Sit Down There At The Salt Lake Show And Tell People To Put There Names On A List So They Can Try These Bikes, Well Thats Never Happened. Then You Sit Here And Say That Your Bikes Smoked A 800 Hawk, I Think You Need To Wake Up From The Fairy Tale Dream Your Living, Cause I Call Bull Sh!t!!!! Why Don't You Stop Runing Your Flapper And Post Some Pics, Or Come On Down Here To Logan Ut And Show Me How Great They Are.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I definatley wouldn't mind trying a snow-bike out ... hell that could kill two birds with one stone for a lot less money ... I could ride the same bike year round, winter and summer, and just swap out the wheels ....

Definatley worth checking out I'd say. I'd love to ride one.

Only problem I would see with a snow bike is if you happen to stop on top of a hill with 4' of powder on it ... you put your leg down like you would riding on dirt and sink wheras on your sled you can just sit there, drink some water, and ride off hahahaah :)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Taking a break.

That's probably why we run out of gas sooner, there's not as many places to come to a stop so you continue to rip.

You plan your stops, and don't have any extra space to haul beer.

Drink later when you're telling that fish/two ski story.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
I Think The Correct Words Would Be Nut Up Or Shut Up. You Sit Down There At The Salt Lake Show And Tell People To Put There Names On A List So They Can Try These Bikes, Well Thats Never Happened. Then You Sit Here And Say That Your Bikes Smoked A 800 Hawk, I Think You Need To Wake Up From The Fairy Tale Dream Your Living, Cause I Call Bull Sh!t!!!! Why Don't You Stop Runing Your Flapper And Post Some Pics, Or Come On Down Here To Logan Ut And Show Me How Great They Are.

I haven't ridden with an 800 Hawk- just 503's and 600's, like I wrote. Read carefully, before you get upset.
Also, we really don't care how we compete against a Hawk, or a sled. We just want to make dirt bikes go really well in the snow. As a result, our kits happen to compete well with sleds and Hawks. Once you think about it, we're not even in the same "class" as any sled, or any Hawk--- what "class" would a 50 horsepower snowbike be in... even the new Phazer is 80hp. Actually, if I remeber correctly, my old '86 Phazer was 56 horsepower. That's where we should fit. Why do people get so uptight about a 50hp bike with a small track? Maybe they're nervous that if they got beat by such a thing it would be bad for the ego?

Also-
With over 3500 people signed up to ride bikes, and only a few months of riding season- let me know how you think I should get everyone on a bike. We've got teams on demo rides every week, in the U.S. and Canada.

Finally rode a 550 hus last week and I was impressed...would be alot of fun for sure.....went everwhere we did and more.
Glad to hear you got some seat time. Any more details? Were you on a Hawk, or a sled? Powder?
Thanks.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Dont spose you're plannin on demo'ing them in Utah or Rabbit Ears CO any time this winter are ya? :)

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Dont spose you're plannin on demo'ing them in Utah or Rabbit Ears CO any time this winter are ya? :)

We're planning on being in CO for 1 or 2 weeks this month, depending on how the X-games works out for us. I should be there the 15th for a week, but we'll see-

Our Utah trip really depends on when the Suzuki RMZ's get here. Gotta go down to get the turbo put on. We're going to try and ride as much as possible while we're there-

PM me and we'll try to get you on a bike-
Thanks!

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id

You know bikes well? Have you ever been to a motocross race? How many times does a bike get shifted in a 1/2 hour + 2 lap moto or a 20 lap supercross moto? Maybe you should get to know your bikes better or at least get one offroad before accusing someone of misleading others:face-icon-small-blu:beer;

S
Nov 28, 2007
Hyrum UT
Blaser

If you sit there and say how you don't worry about how your bikes compare to the hawks then why are you knockin them. Maybe because you know that you ran your mouth about them a litle to soon before you where able to see a Hawk in action, other than in spring snow. Because I am pretty sure my 340 John Deer sled could go anywhere in spring snow. I would be willing to bet that your 650 bike wouldn't be able to follow a 503 in 2 to 3 feet of powder, so what do you think of that. I know that you don't live that far from Logan UT so why not come down and ride new years day, got lots of powder.

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
wear on the bike?

heres my question, how do the bikes hold up to the snow engine wise? i know its not the same, but my buddies and i all have modded out honda 50's, and when we ride them in pow the engine gets packed full of snow and we have problems. is this an issuee with these?
chris

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
heres my question, how do the bikes hold up to the snow engine wise? i know its not the same, but my buddies and i all have modded out honda 50's, and when we ride them in pow the engine gets packed full of snow and we have problems. is this an issuee with these?
chris

Your 50's are air cooled as apposed to liquid on the big bikes I'm guessing

Premium Features