• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New guy and his daughter in BC

E
Jan 6, 2019
Hello, thanks for having me (us) as my daughter maybe posting some as well on my account. My name is Martin, and my daughter's name is Autumn. We have had a tough few years, but are doing our best to get back to a somewhat normal life finally. My reason for joining this forum is two fold, learn about the riding in Revelstoke, and new sled buying advice.
Cheers.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Welcome! Any of the three manufacturers (Artic Cat, Ski Doo, Polaris) newer mountain sleds are good. Equip yourselves with Avi gear, survival gear and be prepared. Have fun!

E
Jan 6, 2019
Welcome! Any of the three manufacturers (Artic Cat, Ski Doo, Polaris) newer mountain sleds are good. Equip yourselves with Avi gear, survival gear and be prepared. Have fun!

Thanks.
I rode for many years, have had Cats, Doos, and Yamahas, but never a polaris.
Being older, heavier, and not as healthy due to a car crash, was considering a new Polaris with the174 track for floatation, and help me get around. As I know nothing about them, will be hoping to gather some information on the 800 and 850, and how they work. Will give my daughter my 800 Cat with 153, she is significantly lighter, and more nimble ;)
Or may get another Cat just with a 162 track.

Last edited:
D
Jan 10, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Hello and welcome aboard! You've come to the right place. :)

By the way, new guy here as well. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, feeding my Pomeranian with some treats and watching TV with my wife. And when we're not indoors, we would play catch in our backyard with our dog (though we had to secure one of those petsafe Stay+Play wireless dog fence, just so he wouldn’t stray far from our yard. Our neighbor had a weak wooden partition, and we once had an argument when the poor fella ended up on his lawn). Such a simple, yet, happy life. Cheers!

Last edited:
Premium Features