• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who rules mountain 800's?

?

• doo

Votes: 371 32.9%
  • poo

Votes: 525 46.6%
  • cat

Votes: 236 21.0%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
should be lots of videos of poo's spanking the 174 this winter:)

I have two seasons on a 156x3 and a 600 with a 3 inch will spank any 800. jus sayin the 3 inch is like adding 30hp.. Yes the 174 will be slower to carve and will surely help for hamburger lovers.

P

pfi572

Nov 29, 2009
North West Alberta
I have two seasons on a 156x3 and a 600 with a 3 inch will spank any 800. jus sayin the 3 inch is like adding 30hp.. Yes the 174 will be slower to carve and will surely help for hamburger lovers.

Hey smarty pants the only think stock on your sleds might be the heated grips?
Also to add the 175 x 3 is nothing new and has been around for quite some time as we all know?
Just because BRP comes stock with it everyone is jumping up and down .
I personally don't like the 3 inch in the 174 but in short lengths it may be a big improvement .
Ran 2.5 for one year and then switch to 3 inch for the next year.
Back to 2.5 and not going back to the 3 just due to weight,poor cooling,and vibration .
Only in the super deep fluffy snow conditions did I find that the 3 inch was a plus? (Note I am speaking 174)
To many negatives IMO.

Last edited:
S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
What cracks me up is Poo is in the lead with 51%, but Poo has the most percentage of failures out of those three brands. dont get brain washed just because you see that sled in the movies alot.. Each sled is becoming purpose built. Ski-doo and Cat are the ones that are working on a sled for all applications, the whole ball of wax. Power, reliability, and agility> just my 2 cents... IMO polaris has the best chassis but thats where there product stops. Cat needs to imporve on there rider posion and agility. Ski-doo has the most solid package of all three. (Im not a Doo fan,hate the way they ride) but facts is facts. Polaris has the best marketing program by far, they have big time exposure. just look at the number of factory riders on polaris versus other brands. And they sell alot of sleds because of this. (Do you really think money and endorsments dont play a huge roll in what brand a rider picks when approached by said manufacture).
Point in Case, in schooled 5 it is stated that most people cant ride a pro to its potential? Is this true? maybe. So what does that say? To me it says polaris has a sled that can make a crappy rider a better rider. But does this mean that the other brands can not compete. Heck NO!! Every dang brand of sled, bike , truck, shoe, trailer, camera, you name it, has this issue. As stated above they all have probelms, and short comings.
So Who rules the Mtn. I would say they all have there place at the top.

So yep Thread flop!!! hahhah!!

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
it's not just marketing the pro chassis works so well that people will over look the not so great engine , just to ride such a good working chassis that doo and cat would give their left nut for.:face-icon-small-ton

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
should be lots of videos of poo's spanking the 174 this winter:)

I have a question for you guys that are saying the Poo's will be spanking the 174 this year. Have any of you actually riden or watched this sled work in person??? If I had to guess not many of you have, I have actually watched this sled perform in person and I was skeptical at first until I watched it in person....not in a video. To my surprise the thing was amazing to watch and after talking to the rider it was his second ride on it and believe it or not his personal sled is a turbo'd Poo. For someone coming off of a Poo and getting on a Doo he made it look easy to ride, the thing obviously climbs good but it manuvered through the trees and sidehilled like he was on a 154 or a 155. So before you guys go and make a bold statement like the one above give it a chance before you say anything.

PS.
I am not saying this because I ride a Doo....I have riden all of them and I am open to anything that works.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I think it will be like any other year...the guys who know how to ride will take their sled (regardless of brand) in to many cool places and make them look like they "spank" others. The guys who don't....will argue and speculate based on numbers and magazine articles on here.

The guys who are in to having the gnarliest climbing machine out there have already had 174 3" turbo sleds for the better part of a decade....heck a few guys I ride with had 300hp 3" track Cats before the Pro even came out. So it's not like a stock Doo with the same track is going to do anything revolutionary....

Last edited:
S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I have rode polaris for years, And as of to date. I have yet to see a Poo beat up on a ski-doo. Polaris has an easier chassis to ride in the trees, and that is as far as it goes. And I mean tight trees, but this does not mean the other brands cant do the job. Thought, so you take a top rider, your pick and tell us he can only take sertain lines because he is on a Polaris Pro. Then all that think like this have been brain washed. Now I will say that you may be dog *** tired after doing it, but no the less it can be done. Its why the Pro is so appealing to so many.. (one more time Polaris takes so so riders and gives them a false since of greatness)
Or thats my ferry tail!! This winter will prove my point or make me eat crow. ahhahah which does not taste to bad.. :dance:

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
And the winner is-The one that spends the most on advertisements in the magazine. Snowmobiling is like a $h-t sandwich,the more bread you have the less $h-t you gotta eat.:face-icon-small-hap

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I have rode polaris for years, And as of to date. I have yet to see a Poo beat up on a ski-doo. Polaris has an easier chassis to ride in the trees, and that is as far as it goes. And I mean tight trees, but this does not mean the other brands cant do the job. Thought, so you take a top rider, your pick and tell us he can only take sertain lines because he is on a Polaris Pro. Then all that think like this have been brain washed. Now I will say that you may be dog *** tired after doing it, but no the less it can be done. Its why the Pro is so appealing to so many.. (one more time Polaris takes so so riders and gives them a false since of greatness)
Or thats my ferry tail!! This winter will prove my point or make me eat crow. ahhahah which does not taste to bad.. :dance:

well as a former die hard cat rider my under powered pro would easily outclimb my piped burandt shocked, cutler clutched 09 m1000. then there was the fact that you couldn't keep a belt on it. it also used twice the gas and oil of my pro.plus it took ever thing you had to turn the bars. so it was easy to walk away from cat. as far as ski doo my son and friend had 09 x/p's that the handling was terrible on they did climb well though, the cat did handle well. so for me the pro has been the best all around sled.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
well as a former die hard cat rider my under powered pro would easily outclimb my piped burandt shocked, cutler clutched 09 m1000. then there was the fact that you couldn't keep a belt on it. it also used twice the gas and oil of my pro.plus it took ever thing you had to turn the bars. so it was easy to walk away from cat. as far as ski doo my son and friend had 09 x/p's that the handling was terrible on they did climb well though, the cat did handle well. so for me the pro has been the best all around sled.

hahhaah well when compairing a pro to those sleds, I would agree!! 100% I mean current 14's. Heck my stock 09 800 polaris would ride circles around the M1000, and the XP you hit the nail. I know the Pro has the best chassis, I miss mine. but I got tired of being towed.
You said it best
"ME"
its all about what each person whats from a sled. Each one of them you have to give up something to get something. It is why I say todays sleds are purpose built.
If you want to climb big chutes you dont buy a Pro.
If you want nothing but tight trees, and don't mind being towed Pro is your sled.
If you want a trail sled you dont buy a pro.
yep just my ferry tail.. It is what I dream up.. ahhaa
Enjoy
Im my opinion a true Sleder will pick is sled based off of dealer support, and what sled fits his or her needs. Not what you see the most of in the movies or most of in a magazine, oh wait I think someone already said that..
Im ready for Snow!!!!

Last edited:

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
hahhaah well when compairing a pro to those sleds, I would agree!! 100% I mean current 14's. Heck my stock 09 800 polaris would ride circles around the M1000, and the XP you hit the nail. I know the Pro has the best chassis, I miss mine. but I got tired of being towed.
You said it best
"ME"
its all about what each person whats from a sled. Each one of them you have to give up something to get something. It is why I say todays sleds are purpose built.
If you want nothing but tight trees, and don't mind being towed Pro is your sled.
Enjoy
Im my opinion a true Sleder will pick is sled based off of dealer support, and what sled fits his or her needs. Not what you see the most of in the movies or most of in ta magazine, oh wait I think someone already said that..
Im ready for Snow!!!!

I agree with a lot you said the pro is definitely the worst trail sled ive rode. but cat's refusal to get behind their dealers and their refusal or ability to repair the clutching on their stuff past and present models make cats a no buy for me .

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
You said it best
"ME"
Enjoy
Im my opinion a true Sleder will pick is sled based off of dealer support, and what sled fits his or her needs. Not what you see the most of in the movies or most of in a magazine, oh wait I think someone already said that..
Im ready for Snow!!!!

A true Sledder does not care what he or she rides. They swing there leg over any sled and have fun.

DPG

Premium Features