• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New company - Gnar Bike

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Not sure about that, is it April 1st?From the one low resolution picture I can't see where the engine and or gas tank would fit. Also that is not a CBR that they have a picture of, it's an EBR.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Very interesting. Seems like that engine should easily produce more than 55 stock, making it more competitive. Hopefully a few will make it to the snow this winter.

B
Looks like the countershaft sprocket directly drives the track.

Ski mount is very short whereas every other ski mount is a lot taller.

It is either a prototype shot, or a college kids final exam for Webpage Design 458, but the 4+gallon fuel tank appears to be mounted to the top of the tunnel, stealth fighter style. How about that radiator mounted to the front of the tunnel/track? No protection at all? The rads sure are not mounted in their normal positions up high and to the sides where fuel tanks normally go.

I wonder, why even post up the streetbike and release the website without a kit not available for sale and not even a mock up/prototype (that I can poke further fun at)?, and without a pic of a CBR1000? To get opinions?, and feedback?, = Who will be our $10,000-$15,000 paying guinea pigs?(suckers) There are enough on here now with any number of issues with their pre-2017 kits (from every mfgr.) that have them sour-enough on what they have that is not working or has broke, or that they have had to create a modification on their own as the mfgr could not/would not do it, never mind those Richard Branson(very well to do)-types who are willing to pony up some good money for an unproven design. Sure, kudo's to those that have the gumption to start a business, I wish them well, but I've seen enough of "ideas" posted up on internet forums only to never see them come to fruition for one reason or another and it is too bad, but what is the greatest social experiment in the history of mankind, has allowed us the pleasure of seeing all these things, and to comment on them, and to waste time on thinking and then typing about them as I'm doing this early Saturday morning of the holiday weekend, waiting to load up the trailer and head north to ride for the next four days. It is fun thinking about things and letting the fingers do the talking. Gnar Bike, I do wish you well, and if you have a snowbike that is powerful, light, quiet, e-start, equipped with a light, all the requisite snowbike equipment that a snowbike needs to run well and keep the operator comfortable, at a price that is in line or maybe a bit more than anything else out there, I'd be in line for one. Just that the design is a one-trick pony in that we can't convert to dirt, oh well. If it dominates on snow . . .

Take the thing and pitch it to Shark Tank, see what Mr. Wonderful and Mark Cuban have to say, have them film the episode on the snow and video them trying the bikes and see if the $$$ can be raised to put them into production. As is said in the boat building industry, "How does one make $1,000,000 in the boat building business? Start with $2,000,000." I can hear their replies now, "Why would I want to invest in a company, with no patent, no completed design, no sales, when much larger companies that have been at it for some time now, and are having whatever issues they are having now, are not exactly knocking it out of the park, would I want to invest in something like this? For all those reason, I'm out." It goes that way, or at the other end of the spectrum, it goes, "Ok, you have combined a proven, incredible motor, light, strong, quiet, set up perfectly for every cold-weather condition, in a chassis that outperforms every other platform out there, at a price that is competitive against everything out there, I'll give you the $5,000,000 for 0.000029% of the company." (Lori Grenier) chimes in "I'll go in on that with you Ben. We'll put this on QVC and sell it to all the arthritic grandmothers watching who can purchase them for the foster children they are caring for under their state contracts with the child services agency."

The model will also be available in any color you choose, as long as it is black. I'll say, the website is slick, as good as every other one from all the major mfgr's out there. The mfgr's would do well to take a cue from the major league sports baseball hat industry in an effort to market to women and the GLBTQ demographics by producing colors that will appeal to those other than men. Pastel's, neutral shades?

One of the reasons Service Honda ended making their CR500AF's was that Honda was no longer producing the motors and that parts were no longer available.

I do think it is super cool though as this new world of snowbikes is still sort of in the Wild West stage right now.

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Awesome. I want one. It’s not that complicated to build a snow bike. An enclosed engine with a tunnel cooler solves alot of the the problems. It doesn’t need to be quiet. Or comfortable. Or have e-start. It just has to work better than what we currently have in deep, steep terrain and we will all have to have one.
This build is a huge step in the right direction.

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
Not sure about the fork mounted rad... Looks like the 1982 YZ idea that didn't work. A tunnel cooler would probably work better and be easy to integrate into the design if they're building their own tunnel.

D
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver, BC
looks rough at current state but appears like the weight distribution should be much better and overall length much shorter. put a cvt and tunnel cooler on it and i think it could be a winner

Premium Features