• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summertime Blues

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Seems awfully quiet in here lately... figured I'd see if anyone else is inpatiently waiting for news on their Alpha one snowcheck. Has anyone heard any production timing? Anyone ever go to the factory and see your sled built?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just walk around the neighborhood in one of these and scare children.

0c0cb72d-8d59-4ec4-b8a1-d82bfbf7fce7_1.0a070e717e1e6df346d10d5d0d2e3fc6.jpeg

Seems to help.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
What are you guys planning on doing for mods to these crazy machines?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm going to be on the 2014-2018 BDX frankensled for another year. Dad has an Alpha coming though. He's waited until the first of the year to get his last two new ones. I'll be pushing him to get this one picked up right away so I can see if the hype is for real.

I've been to the factory a couple times and went on tours. Last time I was there was back in the fall of 2002 so it's been a minute. Saw one of the new (at that time) Firecat bulkheads mated to a mountain tunnel sitting on the floor where someone left the barn door open. Two model years later we had the M-series.

Planning to go up the mountain one day next week and see if we can run around on the snow.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Got an alpha coming. Transfer the Silber turbo of my 18, Polaris skiis, front bumper, boards and a wrap.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Got an alpha coming. Transfer the Silber turbo of my 18, Polaris skiis, front bumper, boards and a wrap.

I am going to try a turbo for the first time this year. I am going with a Silber. Did you have any issues with it?

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Skid plate and the mountain windshield/bag combo is about it. The skis should be good now and hearing much better. Will likely do clutch work eventually, but plan is to basically hop on and ride.

See country cat just posted a picture of 2019 snowmobiles arriving. No comments about what they are, but would bet they are the models that had little to no changes from 2018.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Skid plate and the mountain windshield/bag combo is about it. The skis should be good now and hearing much better. Will likely do clutch work eventually, but plan is to basically hop on and ride.

See country cat just posted a picture of 2019 snowmobiles arriving. No comments about what they are, but would bet they are the models that had little to no changes from 2018.

I saw that photo as well, I won't be around to get mine until late October so I hope they don't show up to early or the wait will kill knowing it's ready for pickup.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
nother year on my 17MC, until it just wont hang anymore. guessing it wont hang with an alpha in the super deep. getting rid of the messy annoying pipe clamshell and ceramic coating it. need to sell the ssi can and get a DS instead so i wont need earplugs. been polishing her up. Gel Gloss spray wax works great on the decals and shiney plastic. decals look new again.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I hope the paddles are as durable as the current 3in PC. I have a feeling that they are not. I forsee some 14in spacing in my future...

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
nother year on my 17MC, until it just wont hang anymore. guessing it wont hang with an alpha in the super deep. getting rid of the messy annoying pipe clamshell and ceramic coating it. need to sell the ssi can and get a DS instead so i wont need earplugs. been polishing her up. Gel Gloss spray wax works great on the decals and shiney plastic. decals look new again.

Your SSI can is loud? I have the whole exhaust kit on my sled and sure it’s a bit louder then stock but not a lot in my opinion, my buddy has a DS ti can and it’s not much different then my SSI

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Your SSI can is loud? I have the whole exhaust kit on my sled and sure it’s a bit louder then stock but not a lot in my opinion, my buddy has a DS ti can and it’s not much different then my SSI
It's loud, especially when ur not wearing a helmet.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
already have a silber turbo sitting on the shelf for it, probably going to pull the trigger on a MVM belt drive, handlebar bag, mountain addiction gas can rails, and that will likely be it, i will have to see how good justins clutching is before i mess with anything, its usually pretty close. I do have a pair of grippers that i will likely experiment with.

On another topic, who here would love to see the electric ride control on an alpha, i'm just drooling over the idea of being able to lock or un lock the rear shock mid climb, or be able to stiffen up the front shocks for better trail manners and then make them soft with the push of a button for a quick carve.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I too have a sliber turbo on the shelf ready for my 19 to show up. I did the belt drive on my 16 and like it alot but would like to just change the top gear out for a 20 t as this puts me more to my gearing preference of 2.45 to 2.50.

I'm going to dump the primary weights and go with the cpc 75G to 85G IT. I have a good setup for about the HP the kit will make on 5-7psi. gripper are on the shelf if the new skis suck.

Madmax how did the silber preform on your 18?

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007

its borderline imo, great in the powder but down the trail and in parkinglots its raspy for sure. much louder than DS at low rpm, not much diff at full whack. i just figure removing the pipe insulation/clamshell will kick up another couple decibels so...
nice can tho, lite as they come, titanium $250 shipped. not sure why different part numbers for an 18, the old cans all worked on ER 18s...

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
The SSI stainless can on my '17 is too loud. Really raspy, a little too much for me.

Summer Sucks, it is freaking HOT and DRY and I am already tired of it.

This summers only redeeming feature will be my two week vacation in Italy for my sisters wedding starting next week. Friday is Ferrari day. Driving a rented 488 spider to the factory 2 hrs each way, taking a factory tour. Then driving to the Ferrari museum and spending a few hours there. Should be a SICK bucket list experience.

I am interested in picking up an Alpha skid for my '17 MC. I think the mono skid is going to be the bomb.

Premium Features