• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4130 Apex-pro by Powerhouse Customs

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
not sure..

Am I reading that right...a Yammi engine w/ turbo and drivetrain are 130ish pounds MORE than Polaris engine/drivetrain?

Scott, I am not sure what you are comparing our chassis to for your weight comparison. Are you referring to a stock Pro RMK 153" sled, then comparing that to our 174"x3"x16" based chassis?? Not much of a comparison really.
Don't get me wrong here, the Polaris Pro is a great little sled for the mass majority of the OEM mountain market. However, for those that want to have big performance in the Steep and Deep, ..not much of a comparison.

Obviously weight was one of our considerations when we designed this chassis. That being said, we never intended or wanted to sacrifice strength in critical areas for weight factors.

While comparing numbers, don't lose track of the fact that a Turbo'd Yamaha Apex engine is easily over twice the HP of the Pro, as such one requires a far more substanial chassis.

Hope this helps clarify the numbers for you.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Scott, I am not sure what you are comparing our chassis to for your weight comparison. Are you referring to a stock Pro RMK 153" sled, then comparing that to our 174"x3"x16" based chassis?? Not much of a comparison really.
Don't get me wrong here, the Polaris Pro is a great little sled for the mass majority of the OEM mountain market. However, for those that want to have big performance in the Steep and Deep, ..not much of a comparison.

Obviously weight was one of our considerations when we designed this chassis. That being said, we never intended or wanted to sacrifice strength in critical areas for weight factors.

While comparing numbers, don't lose track of the fact that a Turbo'd Yamaha Apex engine is easily over twice the HP of the Pro, as such one requires a far more substanial chassis.

Hope this helps clarify the numbers for you.

Thanks. That helps. I really wasn't aware what goes into your chassis build. I didn't know if the bulkhead was much different or not.
I was trying to compare a stock 13 Pro to your chassis.

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Thanks. That helps. I really wasn't aware what goes into your chassis build. I didn't know if the bulkhead was much different or not.

another thing to remember Scott is all there sleds are turboed too ,that's 35-40lbs depending on system

I
Nov 26, 2007

I own both a 2013 pro and a powerhouse customs 4130 chassis, there is no comparison. The powerhouse chassis is MUCH stronger, the aluminum tunnel skin alone is stronger than the pros, then add the chromoly tube frame and it's no contest.

If you were to outfit the pro with a turbo, 174x3, and the needed bracing to survive more than one ride the weights would be closer than you might think. Yes, the apex engine is heavier, it'll also live longer at 300HP than a pro 800 will at 150HP, by a lot.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
This chassis works verrryyyy well. Got to see it in action in Renshaw last week and it was very impressive. Wish I could remember the fellows name that owned it (they were wrenching on a couple other sleds in their group and needed some tools so I BS'd with them and lent them what they needed). I think there's a pic of it on the first page, all black with bright orange tubing.
He idled into the bottom of some very steep stuff then slowly rolled on the throttle and just tractored up through a really steep slope making a 3 foot trench as he went zig zag up through the trees. Would have loved to see it on a big open chute, but it was near white out conditions. It was running a Baker skid and even in the really steep stuff all the suspension was still in the snow, no tail walking out of control stuff there.
The nicest looking chassis I saw in McBride that weekend and possibly the best running, well done guys.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Mikes sled picture

Pulled this pic off of my Facebook, Mike from Anchorage is nearing completion on his Powerhouse Chassis. Love the green powder coating. Pretty skookum intercooler on it as well. You can be sure this chassis with an Impulse Apex engine is going to ROCK!!

Nice looking work there guys!

Mikes sled.jpg

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Just curious if you have any more thoughts on guys with the MCX systems ? Solutions ?

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
MCX systems

Just curious if you have any more thoughts on guys with the MCX systems ? Solutions ?

I haven't really dived into this too far. There were a lot of reasons that we set our chassis up the way we did, for example, we wanted a lower tunnel height overall. To incorporate the MCX system we would have to raise the tunnel and build a new fuel tank.

We really like the MCX systems, they work awesome. Being that our chassis is a custom build and design, we can be innovative, so, "where there is a will, there is a way". As such we would be very interested in fitting A MCX Turbo system into our chassis, however, until someone stands up to have one built....

It still takes me a month to build one chassis, I am nearly committed for the summer build season now, with room for maybe one or two more builds.

Cheers

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
re pics

Ron any update pictures of your guy's new creation with the Nytro hood?? Would love to see some over here in the Sand Land!!!
Thanks.
BC.

Hello Brett,

It has been a very busy spring here of late, as such I have had limited time for completing our latest model. I have got the Nytro Hood and console mounted now, but have not had an opportunity to finish the side panels, and or get some updated pics. Hopefully soon Brett, we would love to have this unit out on the snow yet this spring, I am running out of time it seems, haha.

Sounds like you are back in early May, perhaps we will get together for a ride then.

Cheers

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
4130 chassis updates

Hi, it has been a long time since I posted any pics on this thread. It has been a busy summer here between building custom chassis's and the regular day to day shop work. The days are getting shorter and darker here in Revy, the snow has recently appeared on the high mountain peaks reminding us that soon we will be sledding again.

With that in mind, I just figured I would rekindle this thread and post some pics of a bare chassis. As we have another one coming back from the powder coat shop soon, I will post pictures of that complete build as it comes together.

Cheers

4130 Tube chassis update 001.jpg 4130 Tube chassis update 002.jpg 4130 Tube chassis update 003.jpg

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
This really is the "ultimate" sled. I was at Ron's shop last spring and these sleds are amazing. I wish I had one. Keep up the good work.

Premium Features