• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bigger intercooler

F
Apr 5, 2009
so got to take my 12 1100t out to west yellow stone over new years and had one problem of it dumping boost mid climb on the first day. had somw ****ty gas in it which was one of the problems. with some thinking and a couple phone calls figured the boost temps were getting too hot. i have evos fan kit on it. did start mixing race gas after that day and seamed to help. just wondering whos bigger intercooler to put on? anyone done it? dont know if evo is coming out with one or not.

thanks

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
What set up are you running and how did you find out your boost temps were getting too hot? How do you know it was 'dumping boost? If you we're losing power on a climb it was most likely your smart valves.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
smart valves r in ur gas tank and the swapping of the front one with the vented one in the rear solves the fuel starvation at half tank.

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
My sled did the same thing when it was new I think it's a safety feature of the engine when it notices too high of charge temps it pulls back timing and dumps boost to save itself installed a boondocker box and it never did it again.

F
Apr 5, 2009
boost gauge would read 19psi then mid climb would dump to 2psi. i also called jim at evo on the hill and asked what he thought it was. he wanted me to pull the fins that are on top of the intercooler to let more snow hit it.

F
Apr 5, 2009
a little. i would stop and pack it full let it sit for a while and wouldnt do it as soon. the other days while i was out there was mixing 110 oct and that did help. think i only put 3-4 gal of 91 in 1 other day out there other than that it was 3-5 gal of 110

F
Apr 5, 2009
will see next week when im out in colorado riding how it runs. just want to not have any problems beforei put an evo turbo set up on it this summer

Premium Features