• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber 850 Kit

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Boost: Adjustable from 3-10+ psi
Wastegate: External turbosmart wastegate - this is how you control boost.
Intercooler: Option - Suggested for 10 and up
Injectors: Stock
Fuel: Depends on boost & elevation. Pump to full race gas.
Tuning: None - ECU reflash
Weight: Similar to Axys kit - so it probably adds a 2-3 pounds over stock.
Oil: Utilize factory oil systm to oil turbo.
Install time: 2-3 hours. No cutting, welding, grinding or modification of the sled

Ordering: Pre-orders starting *very* soon. The team needs to get back from the final testing session, do one more tear down of all test sleds to assure no surprises and Silber will be accepting pre-orders on the website.

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Are you able Justin to utilize stock fuel pluming and fuel pump for your kit, or is there altercations needed

Any pictures of it installed, you would think with out a airbox, secondary injectors and wiring for them it should look real clean, then no oil pump or tank for turbo would also clean it up, and save decent weight

Are you just adding weight to the pdrive or is there secondary changes needed as well.. Thanks

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Are you able Justin to utilize stock fuel pluming and fuel pump for your kit, or is there altercations needed

Any pictures of it installed, you would think with out a airbox, secondary injectors and wiring for them it should look real clean, then no oil pump or tank for turbo would also clean it up, and save decent weight

Are you just adding weight to the pdrive or is there secondary changes needed as well.. Thanks

Stock fuel plumbing and fuel pump.

We haven't weighed the stock can and other misc parts that get pulled compared to our turbo, but we can say its very close in weight.

We are adding weight the primary, swapping both primary and secondary springs. We are however still finalizing clutching. A clutch kit will of course be included with the kit.

Hope that helps. Justin is still in the field testing.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Got to spend a little time ripping one while down in jackson hole this weekend. You guys are in for a treat, this motor LOVES boost. at 5psi its about all you can do to keep the 154 3" from coming over on you. Uphill WOT runs I was seeing 60+ mph track speeds within 2-3 sled lengths settling into the high 50's when the skis came down some and the track wasn't completely in the air. Mind you it was fairly firm snow but regardless this thing is NO slouch.

These things already work as good as any turbo 800 etec I have ever rode, and thats with just initial mapping and clutching. Very excited to see the progression of these setups.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Got to spend a little time ripping one while down in jackson hole this weekend. You guys are in for a treat, this motor LOVES boost. at 5psi its about all you can do to keep the 154 3" from coming over on you. Uphill WOT runs I was seeing 60+ mph track speeds within 2-3 sled lengths settling into the high 50's when the skis came down some and the track wasn't completely in the air. Mind you it was fairly firm snow but regardless this thing is NO slouch.

These things already work as good as any turbo 800 etec I have ever rode, and thats with just initial mapping and clutching. Very excited to see the progression of these setups.

Cool you got on one!

Thanks for the feedback! Now go wash your truck and/or put your sleds away for the winter so we can get one more big storm to continue to put it through its paces ;)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Need more videos, pretty decent track speed for pump fuel..
The part that really blew me away wasn't raw track speed numbers but how rapidly the sled builds ground speed to match. Just like how the stock G4 just seems to grab traction and go, add boost and your not just spinning looking at your gauges being impressed by speed, your hauling the mail with the skis to the sky.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Very true.....but once there is a 175 under it with a decent skid, it will be a real test.. A full three inch 175 track biting the snow demands more from a motor than a 1/2 track 154 with the skis pointed to the sky :face-icon-small-win

Clutching and fueling might need to be more precise, and low rpm is where other kits seam to have had there issues in the past, but hopefully by breaking the ecm, fuel can be pulled some to have it clean down Low as well..

Can't wait to put a leg over one of these sleds.. Need a spring ride program in Montana, I'm in

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
How about EZryde ?

Not the best option in my opinion, have one and won't buy another. Does what it's designed to as far as ski lift is concerned but not a playful skid and I have had issues with durability. If you were riding a groomed trail straight to the steep deep and didn't like trees it would be fine.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
What is the price point on the Silber Kit for the G4-850?

Happy to see the kit ripping it up so far.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSilberTurbos%2Fvideos%2F1325562820869874%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
First off shout out to my 850 165 w k mod . It rocks! Secondly the Silber 850 kit videos are at 7lbs boost. Justin has put a lot of time into these kits and they will work just as flawless as the axys. Pm for any questions I can answer on either of kmod or Silber. I waited for Silber kit on my 850 I know it will be perfection

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
First off shout out to my 850 165 w k mod . It rocks! Secondly the Silber 850 kit videos are at 7lbs boost. Justin has put a lot of time into these kits and they will work just as flawless as the axys. Pm for any questions I can answer on either of kmod or Silber. I waited for Silber kit on my 850 I know it will be perfection

pssst. Some are at 5 ;) (Testing at both boost levels.)

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
What is the price point on the Silber Kit for the G4-850?

Happy to see the kit ripping it up so far.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSilberTurbos%2Fvideos%2F1325562820869874%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Target is *below* $4K

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Sorry didn't know only went w what Justin told me. But either way can't wait
yeah, 5 is a goooood time. I think its going to be a very nice power level for a lot of riders. This motor takes to boost so well I think a lot of people will stick to lower boost then they initially anticipated.

Premium Features