• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NASCAR & Fake Debris

I bet there's alot of "smart guys" on here who think they could strap in & "drive in circles" for 500 miles!:light:

No doubt! Everyone who thinks its not a sport, try going to a local short track and see if someone will even let you in there car for a practice session, then come talk about how its not a sport. I didn't think much of it until I worked on then drove a race car, but trust me, its tough.

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I could pretty much care less as well since I dont watch it....but when RC#4 goes to race stock cars and doesnt do that hot and still trains like he did when racing mx there has to be some chalanges to racing those things.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
How many of these old posts are ya gonna dig up "Supp" ???
I'm going to keep doing this crap till/if traffic pics up and/or I get bored. I'm only on page 430something on my way back to 1.

at least I'm not bumping the political threads of '08. Might do that just because. Do "The Best of Ruffy"

W
Nov 21, 2007
Can't sleep.

But what I don't understand is why people who hate NASCAR feel compelled to talk about it. Personally, I love NASCAR and I'm not a "redneck". I grew up in the city and get scared driving over 100. So to drive 300 miles at nearly 200 mph amazes me. The drivers are in better shape than most baseball players.

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
I can respect all forms of motorsport since I'm a gearhead....but I really hate watching Nascar. I was on a Cascar pit crew just as a replacement one weekend many years back. The guy building my drag motors was also building motors for one Cascar team and he needed a hand....so I volunteered. Unload, get driver all suited up, couple of practice laps....cool. Race starts...cool. Now, at this particular track, the pits were in the track center. So there's Davey....standing in one spot turning around and around and around....no beer involved or anything. After a while it's getting old. So I stand in one spot and just cran my neck around to the left, then quickly all the way right and follow the car to the left, and repeat...THAT gets old. I end up just staring straight ahead and noting when the car passes in front of my eyes. I can't think of another time I was nearly asleep on my feet ever in my life. Never been to another roundy-round race since. Hahaha.

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
I can respect all forms of motorsport since I'm a gearhead....but I really hate watching Nascar. I was on a Cascar pit crew just as a replacement one weekend many years back. The guy building my drag motors was also building motors for one Cascar team and he needed a hand....so I volunteered. Unload, get driver all suited up, couple of practice laps....cool. Race starts...cool. Now, at this particular track, the pits were in the track center. So there's Davey....standing in one spot turning around and around and around....no beer involved or anything. After a while it's getting old. So I stand in one spot and just cran my neck around to the left, then quickly all the way right and follow the car to the left, and repeat...THAT gets old. I end up just staring straight ahead and noting when the car passes in front of my eyes. I can't think of another time I was nearly asleep on my feet ever in my life. Never been to another roundy-round race since. Hahaha.

They must have been REALLY hard up for help..... ;)

Premium Features