• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NASCAR & Fake Debris

S
Dec 3, 2007
What a JOKE!!!!!! I understand the race gets lame to watch but don't insult us further with this caution for debris BS cause that's all it is. Can you say Fake Fake Fake!!!! Pretty soon it will be like WWF. They will have the winner long before the drop of the green. Makes me sick!

S

sortastock

May 26, 2003
De Pere, WI
You mean it isn't already?

I'd rather stick my hand in a hot waffle iron then watch that crap. Wooo... cars going in circles...

LMFAO! I can't stand it either. I tried really hard to watch it with some buddies- couldn't do it. I'd rather "sandpaper the azzhole of an aligator in a phone booth" than watch nascar.

Give me F1, v8 supercars, rally, off road trucks, anything, before nascar.

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
See, now that I have gotten into our local short track and started racing, I have a WHOLE new appreciation for what they do!!!!!

i don't think anyone said anything about not appreciating what the drivers and teams do. pretty sure they just said it's boring to watch.

T
Nov 26, 2007
cowtown ab.
I love my new satellite dvr machine. Recorded all 5 hours of it, ffw to the last 3 laps and watched Ryan win. I really enjoyed that, no more wasted Sundays watching ads with a little bit of racing thrown in.:beer;:)

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I thought it was a non-athletic sport too until I saw an episode on what the drivers go through. Fly inot some place. Strap on a fireproof suit in 100 degree heat and jump into a car that creats more heat. And put their hands on the steering whell at 11 and 2 o clock and kick out your elbows to clear the seat side guards. Murder on the triceps, back and shoulders. I think it does take a physical toll on everyone who does it. Strap in the average guy and see how long it takes him to either tire out or pass out and smoke a wall. They physicallly have to be prepared for the endurance. As far as not being athletic, If they ar not then neither golfers, tennis players or basketball players. And how many sports do you risk you life everytime you play it? I'm not a fanatic or even follow Nascar that close. But I respect what they do.

I DIDNT THINK IT WAS ANYTHING SPECIAL EITHER.. till i went to a race.. its pretty wild to see that many cars, 2 inches away from each other going 190 m.p.h.

then, when i did the petty experience at daytona, just strapped in one of those cars going 150 for 8 laps at a time.. believe it or not, NO friggin air in there.. its hot as he11.... now, stay in one for 3 plus hours. 190 m.p.h. and within inches most the time of another car...

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I bet there's alot of "smart guys" on here who think they could strap in & "drive in circles" for 500 miles!:light:

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
There's always the guys that think they can do everything and anything. I can't watch 500 miles of racing on TV, it just doesn't interest me. I like watching the last 10 laps or so though when it's close. I would love to see a race in person. I know I couldn't handle 500 miles in a race car, they got my respect.

Premium Features