• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exclamation light staying on 05 REV 800

K
May 4, 2002
Maple Valley W.A.
Does anyone have any ideas why my exclamation light is staying on??? The brake is off (and functioning) and the oil is full. Also the odometer says 10-9 and then flip over to the miles at startup.

K
May 4, 2002
Maple Valley W.A.
I put a lightweight LED on but that was a while ago. The light still functions but does have condesation in it. I even cut the wires to see if there was a short. I also looked at the parking brake switch. The pin seems to be moving in and out.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
The same thing happened to my 05 Rev when I put the XRS bumper and lightweight taillight on it. The resistance is not the same, throws the idiot light on. I never worried about it.

W
Apr 21, 2004
yep, somewhere I've read about putting a resistor inline with the brake light to fix this, do to the lights having different resistances. I just leave it alone

M

Macattack

Nov 27, 2007
Lake Tapps
yep, somewhere I've read about putting a resistor inline with the brake light to fix this, do to the lights having different resistances. I just leave it alone

Actually, wire in a diode to increase the resistance and the dash light will go out. Many people have experienced this on their Rev's. i was unloading my sled yesterday and the dash light came on too and stayed on. Looks like I'll be adding a diode too.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
So in theory I should be able to wire the old light in and the guage light should go out? The SLP light is already leaking (what a waste of 40 bucks!)

if you call SLP they will tell you that it doesnt work...they have ot come out with an inverter of sorts to make it work...

Doo runs AC or whatever that is not allowing system to work...but another thing that wil make that light come on is if you hit some stuff in your left grip and it broke that brake light sensor(it is right ont he cable, near the handle)

but in yoru case sounds like the SLP light...

K
May 4, 2002
Maple Valley W.A.
So here's what SLP had to day about the LED's

"The Ski-Doo does not have a common ground system like all sleds of the past so you

would only be able to use one function of the light such as brake light only or tail light

only. In our catalog it mentions this new wiring design and an adapter #32-314 being

needed for the Ski-Doo and the CFI Polaris that have this new wiring."

Seems conflicting since the OEM and the LED both have grounds... I going with the resistance theory.

Does anyone have any input on what type of diode and placement?

mr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2002
Idaho
I also have the same problem ( I put the light weight tail light kit on my 04 ). Does anyone know what size of resistor or kind of diode to wire in?

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
Why not just keep the stock light on.... bling for you bling bling bling bling it seems..... saved you a pound???

R
Dec 6, 2007
Beautiful BC
I also have the same problem ( I put the light weight tail light kit on my 04 ). Does anyone know what size of resistor or kind of diode to wire in?

I'm in the same boat, I 'm thinking of testing the resistance of the old tail light and then the new one to see what the difference is, then I'll add the appropriate resistor to the new light.

Make sense?

Why not just keep the stock light on.... bling for you bling bling bling bling it seems..... saved you a pound???

I didn't doo it for the weight - I couldn't stand the looks of the old 'rack' that was impossible to put anything in other than the Doo cooler bag thingy...

Last edited:

mr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2002
Idaho
I'm in the same boat, I 'm thinking of testing the resistance of the old tail light and then the new one to see what the difference is, then I'll add the appropriate resistor to the new light.

Make sense?

I didn't doo it for the weight - I couldn't stand the looks of the old 'rack' that was impossible to put anything in other than the Doo cooler bag thingy...

Same here, did not do it for weight just could not pack my saw. I put the ski doo light weight tail light on, looks like the 06' light.

Makes sense, that is what I'm going to do today,check the resistance of the old light.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features