• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You can tell your friends that you saw it here first.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Pico came out charging but looked flat the last two. Conpared to the other guys. He looks like they need to stick him in the weight room a bit more. Snyder is a monster.

It was announced today Ruth is moving onto MMA

Saw that. He'll be tough.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I am a little cranky today, but I have a rant so please forgive me.

Across my FB feed from one of my FB friends comes a ESPN story, about the NDSU quarterback I believe. Please forgive me. I am not a big football fan or NDSU fan. Looks to me like he is on the front page of ESPN magazine. Fine, whatever.

I am sorry but Hayden Zillmer is probably one of the best athletes to come out of ND in a while. He qualified for the Olympic team, the pinnacle of sport in the World. All he got was some crappy little article squeezed between the obits, and the classifieds. Plus a 20 second news blip on the local tv station.

North Dakotans should be giving him a standing ovation. Qualifying for the wrestle offs is a feet within itself. Only a select few go. Then to wrestle like he did, its a shame he is a fly on the wall.

Sorry, just chaps my azz...

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Very few people give 2 ****s about wrestling. The NFL is by far the biggest money sport and Carson Wentz is a potential top 3 pick. Follow the money.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Very few people give 2 ****s about wrestling. The NFL is by far the biggest money sport and Carson Wentz is a potential top 3 pick. Follow the money.

I can't name one NFL player except Adrian Pederson and that's because he is a child beater. That pretty much somes it up. There isn't one person in the NFL that has the heart and desire of Hayden Zilmer, Jordan Buroughs, or Kyle Snyder.

Top 3 pick... Lmao, these guys are the best in the world.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

Sure maybe so. But how many of those NFL stars owe their success to what they learned in wrestling? A LOT!!!!
A local example...in 1995 and in 2001, the University of Montana Grizzlies won the 1-AA football national championship (Now called the FCS).
In 1995, 15 of the 22 starters were wrestlers in high school (most of those were defensive players).
In 2001, 13 of the starters were state wrestling champs in their home state.
Given identical stature, stats and numbers...etc of two potential draft pics...do you know how many NFL coaches would pick the wrestler over the basketball player? I will guess....100%.
Some people may not give two chits about wrestling. That is true. HOWEVER, Dan Gable said it..."Once you have wrestled, everything else in life is easy."
Anyone who hasn't wrestled CANNOT argue that point.
And anyone who has wrestled will agree. :)
People who haven't wrestled, have NO IDEA how true that is.

Wrestlers know how to grind it out. Put that in context of employment, in the business world, digging a ditch, finishing a job, etc. Sucking it up and getting it done. Wrestlers would give their left nut to make weight...that applies right into being an employable person, good husband...EVERYTHING.

I can type all day on this one.

I'll try to find the video about the NFL coaches who talk about hiring wrestlers instead of "other" multi-sport athletes.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Our hiring is probably 90% wrestlers. Logan used to work for us in high school!T
hey are harder workers!
(I'm one of the non-wrestler minorities)

Last edited:

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
I can't name one NFL player except Adrian Pederson and that's because he is a child beater. That pretty much somes it up. There isn't one person in the NFL that has the heart and desire of Hayden Zilmer, Jordan Buroughs, or Kyle Snyder.

Top 3 pick... Lmao, these guys are the best in the world.

You're in a very very small group of Americans, if that is true. Your claim about the heart and desire is 100% bull****. NFL players are the best athletes in the world when it comes to size/speed/strength/hand-eye coordination, and it's not even close. It's not a coincidence a lot of these guys have Olympic potential. How many nazzzzcar and dirt racers have Olympic potential? Not including the beer Olympics. Obviously.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
You're in a very very small group of Americans, if that is true. Your claim about the heart and desire is 100% bull****. NFL players are the best athletes in the world when it comes to size/speed/strength/hand-eye coordination, and it's not even close. It's not a coincidence a lot of these guys have Olympic potential. How many nazzzzcar and dirt racers have Olympic potential? Not including the beer Olympics. Obviously.

What sports do they have Olympic potential. I am assuming ones where they only play for 5 seconds at a time and get a minute break. That's the way a football game is.

I don't know wtf racing has to do with this convo, but since you brought it up. You do realize most NASCAR pit crews are college football players. Also a majority of the drivers spend more time in the gym than football players. One of the most popular drivers Jimmie Johnson competes in marathons, triathlons and iron man competitions. The only time football players run further than a 100 yards is if they are running from the cops or their baby mommy.

Dale Blaney played basketball at Ohio State, but chose to race sprint cars. If you don't think driving a race car takes a athlete. I will hook you up with a ride sometime.

The heart and desire comment is not BS. I believe the Jordan Buroughs says it best.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153412601644506&id=278984384505

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
"If you and I get on a treadmill, I guarantee you will get off before me." --Jordan Burroughs.

That is the mentality that put him on the top of the world so many times. He's just missed ONE since his first title in 2011.

Jake Herbert says something similar.
"No matter what your elite sport is, I will challenge you to it. You might be more skilled at it than i am. Even if I puke, I WILL outlast you and I WILL make you quit before I do."

It's a work ethic mentality.
It's a no quit mentality.
I love that stuff.

Last edited:
Premium Features