• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dim headlight, no dash readout?

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
On mine voltage is good then starts dropping after about 4 minutes or so. When it gets to 7.5 gauge goes out. If I unplug hand warmers it goes up to 9. Unplug headlight and gauge it goes to 14. Put new voltage regulator and relay, and another stator from running sled. Still same result. Could it still be a bad new voltage regulator?

jfs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
My 2009 Shift (carbed) dim the headlight and the dash lights and can occasionally go back to normal and then dim again. When it's warmed up it's fine so I'm thinking it's something with the stator.

My thinking is that the winding's or something shrink/expand with temperature and causing a voltage drop.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Runs fine but now my light is dim and nothing on dash but a blinking brake light. 2007 rmk 600 h/o. Help!
thanks

This was a typical problem on the 2007 carb model. It was fixed with a new updated regulator/rectifier. Some of them will need a new dash gauge, the failure burned the gauge.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
so, as i was unplugging tail lights, hand warmers,etc,the ecu burned up ,bought new one and there is no spark. i cant get it to power up with ecu power up wires, is there a fuse that could have blown or any other ideas to look for now

Premium Features