• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Dec 21, 2006
eastwood.com has an undercoating kit that I think I am going to get and try on my Charmac. I have used Hurculiner on the tongue(of my trailer you dirty bastages!!!) and that held up for 4 years. I have to redo it now though. I am not sure if I going to re-use that or use the undercoating on the tongue also. Any suggestions???

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I like that propane tank mounted underneath. I might have to do that. I was thinking of going cheap and putting in 2 of those heads that you put on top of a propane tank. One in the front and one in the rear. That worked real good this winter beside my house. I was thinking of putting a clip mount for each one, a tripod basse of some sort and 5' - 10' of hose so I could move it around. If I do it this summer, I'll try to post pics. Also a cheap broom and broom hanger are a good idea if you don't want to put down treadmill bands on the doors.

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Finally started working on my trailer I got 2 years ago made a couple trips but haven't set it up the way I want yet. Just finished painting the floor with the left over garage floor epoxy paint. Turned out pretty good not sure how well it will hold up but better then tossing the paint out. Now to put the work bench in and the furnace just trying to figure out how to arrange it all not to happy with the way it is right now anyway. Hard to work in the middle with the cabinets there thinking about moving them to the back or something. Trailer is a United 25 X 7 with a 20ft box and 5ft V. If anyone has any ideas or likes how there inline is setup I'd love to hear or see. Kinda stumped so far.

IMG_3319.jpg IMG_3321.jpg IMG_3322.jpg

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Problem I have is that if a sled is in the middle with the hood open and your working on the clutch side your always running into the cabinet I want an area the length of the sled were I can work all the way around it.

Last edited:

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Yeah I have a 8ft folding work bench that was under the cabinets when i got it planning to cut it down to 4ft and mount it a bit higher. Yeah been looking at the spare. I saw some trailers at haydays that had the spare mounted under the trailer last year. I would have to modify one of the stringers to get it under the floor but its doable. Probably put the battery under the floor to.

Last edited:

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Don't know how well it would work, but I am mounting my cabinets in the v-nose. My cabinets are smaller though. Just my $.02

S

springer

Feb 1, 2008
Washington
Lots of good ideas out there, but what about the best heat source? Is forced air the best? Or is there other options that will work as well? And what about location? I know forced air is limited, due to duck work, so what is there?

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Most guys are using either Atwood or Suburban forced air furnaces. You need a good battery system or generator if you plan to run them any length of time. usually 25-35k btu is what guys are putting in. Most put them in a central location and just blow the air in both directions. The guys that use them a lot more run duct work and I've only seen a few that put it in the floor which is really the best way. I tried a Mr Heater Big Buddy in mine once that was a waste of time. Some of the bigger radiant heaters will work even a tank mounted fish house heater does from experience just not as safe or convenient to use. That should be a decent summary do a search like said above there is a good amount of info and was even more on the old forum before the update. I personally have a Atwood 35k forced air to put in mine this summer I bought off Ebay.

Last edited:
T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Some ideas...

CO2/Propane Detector
Pictures005.jpg

Cabinet
Pictures008.jpg

Ducting/Hangers
MyTrailer038.jpg

Heater (Suburban)
MyTrailer036.jpg

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
trackvs2wheels got a question in the second picture down whats folded up against the wall a workbench or bunk. What holds it up does it have legs or looks like there might be cables that go to the ceiling. Nice trailer.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Second Picture...

That would be a fold up work bench...approximately 4' wide by 2.5' in depth. Atttached to wall with a very long piano hinge. When hinged out it is held up by chain that is attaches on one end to the shelf and the other to the wall of the trailer...as you can see in the picture I have a long piece of L channel screwed to the wall in which the other side of the chain is attached to. Actaully is quite sturdy!!

MyTrailer026.jpg

MyTrailer023.jpg

Another smaller version of the fold up shelf for misc. items...
MyTrailer033.jpg

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Looked around and got my heater off of ebay...lots and lots of suburban/atwood furnaces for sale on ebay. Mine came with basically everything I needed to assemble the thing:)

Jan 7, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Flooring ideas

I see alot of you have some guides for skis some old belt for traction, but only on the doors. What do you do to keep the main floor from getting cut up and ruined withe the skis and skags??

Bilko

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2008
Cali
I have not found a problem with the skags tearing up the floor. I think the key is to let the wood dry as soon as possible and guides keep the moisture in. The negative points about guides are they are expensive if doing the whole trailer, they are limiting your trailer to one use(possibly), and they are dangerous when they get wet (very slippery) on the ramps especially. I took mine off the ramps of my trailer and replaced them with Caliber grips and grip glides.

Premium Features