• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Liquid Image Goggles

dirtball08

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
strathmore, ab
Who has liquid image goggles with the camera in them? What's the video like? What's the cost and are they worth it? I heard they were coming out with the 1080 camera. Thanks

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Personally I prefer the 720 others will argue about that, but I find the lower res is far better for what I need it for..
They take great video and photos,By far the easiest helmet cam to operate and know your getting your shots.
I'm running the MX style and wish I had chosen the snow.. Mine fogs up quite a bit, I have heard nothing but good reviews on the Snow goggle..We sold them for a while so I did receive quite a bit of feedback..
Contact trax2treads for a great deal and customer service on whatever you choose...

red1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
saskatchewan
liquid image

Buy em! You won't be dissapointed. battery life is awesome, good quality video, and no guessing at what your footage will be at the end of the day. Just don't turn your head quickly, or the footage will make you want to throw up.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Buy em! You won't be dissapointed. battery life is awesome, good quality video, and no guessing at what your footage will be at the end of the day. Just don't turn your head quickly, or the footage will make you want to throw up.

EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I found out the head turning the first day.. You have to be concious they are on or its herky jerky other than that I love them.

I was able to catch myself going over bars last trip<----not so exciting AND Beeman800 off in the distance doing a hand stand front flip over his.<-------much better!:) Anyway without them I would of never been recording standard riding and would of missed it.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I found out the head turning the first day.. You have to be concious they are on or its herky jerky other than that I love them.

I was able to catch myself going over bars last trip<----not so exciting AND Beeman800 off in the distance doing a hand stand front flip over his.<-------much better!:) Anyway without them I would of never been recording standard riding and would of missed it.

I'm still waiting to see the footage.:face-icon-small-win

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^

posty post them up:face-icon-small-ton

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I was the original snowmobile product test rep for these and here is what I've experienced. They work great...I have hundreds of hours of misc use and they are very much worth the two hundredish bucks. I think a better overall product than contour (i have one of those as well). Not the product or video quality of go pro but better in ease of use and overall function. Kind of a different way to skin the cat. All the Burandtmobots and Speilbergs like their go pros but most of that is trying like crazy to look cool. Me for what I'm doing these are great! According to CHINA they have killer quality upgrades coming that will set the world on fire but there was a lot of NOISE coming from these guys so who knows!. My thoughts would be MAKE A BETTER GOGGLE FIRST..the rest is pretty awesome for the coin! Keep in mind it's a pretty cheap entertainment device. Get your monies worth in use and if they fail throw em in the garbage and get some more.

uses: caught the worlds first sled back flip wipe out on a POV goggle system....immature bar fun (girls that shouldn't go wild but did)...rzr and four wheelers...roping calves at a branding...shooting clay pigeons...white water jet boating...snowmobiling..downhill mtn biking..boat surfing..moto cross...skiing..fishing..ect ect

Solid true POV and really easy on off...good video quality...excellent sound...simple to function download media and start all over

Anyhow..at 720 they snap off 30 pops p/sec. 60 is more smooth for action stuff but they are usable. True 1080 HD is pretty rare on the look at end right now. Most are done 720. The biggest down grade I'd give the video is in super bright totally white intense light the system is too slow to compensate. Every once and a while your video in certain light conditions will be slightly washed and lacking color brightness definition or separation. Once again for personal use not an issue...for video or "movie" quality probably so.

TIPS: short quick vids...steady or slow head movement...tip back your visor....consistently wipe the camera (if a water spot is on your gogs there is a high likelihood that the lens might have a spot as well) WATCH WHAT YOU SAY the audio is very good and gets everything! Full charge up prior to use. Be super careful with the chrome lens (wipe off very carefully) and NEVER put them in your sled's hood..the humid heat KILLS THESE LENSES. A small piece of tape on the battery door so that it doesn't open when it rubs on your helmet and you lose your battery in the snow. (now they have a lock)

BeeMan800

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its about time u got off ur lazy arse put that film together isn't????????

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Goggle cams seem like a ridiculous waste IMO. No flexibility at all in the angle that you are filiming. Nothing is more boring than nonstop helmet cam perspective. Get a GoPro or Contour and experiment with filming, shoot multiple perspecitives, put all over your sled, put it in your hand and film your buddy riding by. Your video viewers will thank you.

Premium Features