• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scripting Youtube Hits?

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
You may remember my "Please watch this video" thread from a few weeks ago. It asked people to watch a video that my wife made for a contest for her karate dojo. Lots of people watched it, and we sure appreciate it.

BUT, a competitor that has been in the running far less time has managed to more than triple their count OVERNIGHT, to 53,000. Based on comments they made to her yesterday, we know they've scripted something. Now we're even more intent on beating them.

So if everybody would PLEASE watch it a few more times (I don't think you have to let it play all the way through, either), we'd sure appreciate it! Please pass it onto your friends too!! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBrc9ka0xA

Rob

Last edited:
R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
Thanks!

There are several prizes; I'm not sure. I know there's some cash involved. It's nothing super huge... kinda like our own SnoBunje Stuck Sucks contest they have every year. :)

Rob

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
Yeah that seems to be how YouTube works. They only update the hit count at random intervals. We've seen it happen as quickly as 10-15 min, and as long as ten hours. It doesnt' make sense, but I'm guessing it's to keep people guessing.

Rob

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Protip: Get "" plug-in for Firefox. Set it to "5 seconds". Let it run overnight. Profit.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
BUT, a competitor that has been in the running far less time has managed to more than triple their count OVERNIGHT, to 53,000. Based on comments they made to her yesterday, we know they've scripted something. Now we're even more intent on beating them.

Rob

Where is their video?

Premium Features