• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EPI Magnet Adjustable Primary Weights

S
Jan 11, 2008
Northern Alberta
I have a 2017 RMK 174" and after I put 1 hour on it putting around home (2000') I noticed I was pulling 8500 rpm right away and so I talked to the dealer and they sold me the 58-74? EPI Belly Buster adjustable magnet weights. I thought it was a pretty cool way to add weight. I put 66.1 g total weight on by adding 2 magnets per hole for a total of 6 magnets installed.

I'm pretty happy it needed the extra weight while still on the first few hours of break in. It came with 10-64 weights.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone had tried putting more weight in the heel or Center holes vs evenly distributed over the three holes? There is not really any info or guide on what to do from EPI or the dealer. Other than load it heavy on the heel so it it hits hard on the bottom and revs quick and doesn't fade on top. You have to pull weights to change them and I don't have time to test out all combinations.

I'm thinking about taking one magnet out of the toe and putting it in the heel first and try that. Other thing I was thinking is to fill the heel and middle holes with more total weight? I ride in the pine pass Northern BC and its 3000-6500 ' mostly around there. Any input or experience is appreciated.

S
Jan 11, 2008
Northern Alberta
I took it out on Saturday to Powderking area (6-8' of snow so far)and we were riding on the tops of trees and falling in tree wells so I didn't get a chance to see the rpm gauge or have a good chance to test it out. Snowed 2-3' since then so it should be better now. I have around 80 miles on it now.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This may help you out. Weight placements and effects

I'm confused. The pic says it's a pic of Indy Specialty weights however, the poster of the thread stated he is running an EPI adjustable weight. (intrigued)

Are they the same?

Thank you,

Dave

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Just got a set of EPI for my daughters 2016 155. I'll post my findings as well. (picture is for illustration & weight placement explanation)

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Had a chance to put a few miles on this afternoon. Not the best conditions, 0C, 6-8" 2000' elev. All stock springs & secondary (derlins). #1 Tried 4heel 3 mid 2 tip approx. 70.8g 8150 heat soaked. #2 Pulled one magnet from tip 8350-8400. #3 4 heel 4 mid 1 tip 8250-8200-8250 this is where it's staying for around home till full broke in. (70mi on sled). Heel & profile are "10 series", there is a little less mass in the mid area. Looks like you will just load from the heel to your desired weight, but time will tell. Hope this helps.

IMG_1825.JPG

Premium Features