• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does Norona know how to fix belt problems?

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
Any Ski Doo ambassador is going to happily represent the brand and Dave is no different. He does it in a hilarious and understandable way as well. Maybe there are other brand ambassadors on here, but I’ve messaged Dave on multiple occasions with detailed questions and I have always gotten an insightful and honest (non-Fanboy) answer; in short time too.

To me, for Dave to spend time on this forum and contributing to threads and other outreach is awesome and great.

I know 5 people with new sleds, all ride them hard, all took time to break in belt and all haven’t had a single issue....

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You obviously have never seen JVB ride. He's the second best rider in the Pacific Northwest. Only behind his BFF the legendary 1500psi. He definitely takes the cake when it comes to destroying belts. He should be sponsored for it. :face-icon-small-sho

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Jokes on you if you buy the first couple years of a new doo chassis. Seems the straight edges are bent in Quebec. Never quite get that motor straight ey boys? By the third year of a new chassis they get er sorted. Nothing new here folks. Quite comical to see people confused.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Back country expert told me a few months back the belt eaters were a lot less than lead to be, like less than 5 percent of riders on 17 had problems.. Told him I had to of rode with every person then. In the 5 percent..

Now I get a 18 and see it hitting 230f on a long pull.. Rubber building up in secondary.. And so on

He needs to stick to making the doo videos, maybe take the expert out of his description and enjoy his free sleds.. Nice guy in general, but ...

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
Dave is the the only guy that can answer tecnical questions (brp's view), he may be dodging some of them but what do we expect? Seems to be balancing it in a good way, we can't expect more.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
What happened to the guy on here from last year who was from R & D telling everyone about the upcoming fixes and how everything was going to be wonderful for 2018. Maybe we should be hearing from him and not bashing on Dave.

A
Jan 28, 2010
I think Norona is great, I like the maintenance videos he does Iam just new to skidoo and was hoping he had an answer to all this belt blowing stuff. I had yamaha blue blinders on for years and am not use to issues with my snowmobile, Iam talking over 1500 miles on 300 hp sleds with no belt issues. But this 850 is a blast to ride( even better once I get rid of tmotion thing) and Iam hoping it's almost as reliable as my old ditch pigs. Only miss the old girls on deep days

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
A little off topic but not really, but has anyone with a belt eater been able to fix the problem? I know a kit helps. I ordered a kit from Big John this week. I don't have a belt eater but I do have some HOT clutches. I hope the kit will help me but I don't know if I have ever seen anyone able to fix the belt eaters.

Would be great to know if a clutch kit is really what's needed or if it's only part of the solution. Personally, I would like to see one of the belt eaters go with a floating secondary and see if that helps. If I end up with an eater I would not blink twice about putting on a TEAM Tied secondary kit or even a Doo Doctor kit.

I know, venting, blowhole, clutch kit, deflection, shims.....I have already read all of these posts but have not seen anyone say "Hey this fixed my issue completely!" up to this point. Or....are the bad ones bad and there is really no fixing them?

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Back country expert told me a few months back the belt eaters were a lot less than lead to be, like less than 5 percent of riders on 17 had problems.. Told him I had to of rode with every person then. In the 5 percent..

Now I get a 18 and see it hitting 230f on a long pull.. Rubber building up in secondary.. And so on

He needs to stick to making the doo videos, maybe take the expert out of his description and enjoy his free sleds.. Nice guy in general, but ...

If it truly is only 5% of riders, then why does BRP have such a problem warrantying the belts? Shouldnt be an issue for them if its such a low percentage of customers that are having problems right?

Premium Features