• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does Norona know how to fix belt problems?

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Try reading the 50 other belt threads on here before you start another one. If you have a question for him try a pm.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If anybody should know how to fix the belt problems you'd think he would be the guy.

Dave Neurotic is just a mouthpiece for BRP and other brands, like Burandt is for Polaris. They both get free stuff and rave about the free stuff they get. Both good guys, but you have to take what they say and divide it by about 10, then you might have what is somewhat close to fact :)

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I'd pay a lot more attention to someone like Carl Kuster, Brett Rasmussen, Big John or Dynamo Joe. Norona's job is literally just to spout how good and cool BRP stuff is all over social media/forums.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'd pay a lot more attention to someone like Carl Kuster, Brett Rasmussen, Big John or Dynamo Joe. Norona's job is literally just to spout how good and cool BRP stuff is all over social media/forums.

Haha they got you buffalo'd

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
He already solved this last year. You need to remove the problematic clutch cover foam. It was calibrated wrong so needs to be taken out.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
He might also suggest a removable snowflap from the 2018 accessories catalogue. If you need help with the install he has graciously produced a video to help.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’ve found Dave to be a great ambassador for Ski Doo. I’ve met him a few times in person and did a demo ride with him. He also does a great job with his videos and pics. Not sure where all the hates coming from.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
I’ve found Dave to be a great ambassador for Ski Doo. I’ve met him a few times in person and did a demo ride with him. He also does a great job with his videos and pics. Not sure where all the hates coming from.
Im sure he's a great guy but there comes a time when People get very tired of hearing buy this accessory and that mod when there are legitimate issues that he (and skidoo) blatantly ignore, while still continuing to shovel awesome new gadgets down your throats

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have some really good advice for you... It actually list who started the thread and if you see his name don't click on it if you have such a problem with the guy.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The thing that gets me is that you are talking about fellow sledder, and human being like he'll never be able to read this.

Really??

Cmon...

I for one am glad that Dave posts up on here... the same as anyone that supports their own products from A-arm mfgs to turbo builders to... well, whatever we like to use.

The guy flat-out LOVES sledding and is an articulate ambassador for products... nuff said.

He's an 'AMBASSADOR'... Not the head of engineering nor customer service....Sheesh .

My 2¢

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
FWIW, I've emailed Dave with various questions in the past and he has been gracious enough answer my questions without judgment or grief. That's something that is sometimes hard to find on the online forums. I do recognize that he is affiliated with Ski Doo, but his advice has been helpful to me. Others on this forum have been helpful as well.

As for the belt issues some are experiencing, I agree it's a frustrating and troubling issue. The advice I've seen from Dave and others has been to remove foam to reduce heat build-up. Is that a band-aid? Does it address the underlying issues? I'm not sure, but it has helped me a little.

Like others, I'd prefer that Doo address the underlying cause(s) of the heat. In the meantime, I'll take helpful advice from others to mitigate the issue. Here's hoping the 2019 sleds are better....

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I guess im confused where it is daves job to fix your clutching issues? Take your issue up with the dealer. He has offered tips as well has alot of others. Take there advice and go ride!!! Maybe if you would ride your sled as much as you spend on the internet you may have it figured out. Couldn’t be happier with my 2 850”s best sled ive owned yet. Not one single problem, maybe im just lucky with my set up.

Mantis

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2008
I actually have to chuckle at how many threads there are about belts and 850 heat issues but have to ask how many guys really break in a belt properly....not trying to stir up **** but but just something I learned and have noticed( yes, I have blown 1 belt... at 800 km, dealer handed me a new one when I walked in- joys of a good dealer). I am guilty of it as I’m sure many others are....once I blew my belt, I pulled out my brand new one and had not much choice but to run it hard due to the area I was in...I now make sure that my spare is broken in before having to use it. It is quite easy to do, at the end of the day, throw in your new one for the ride out and do this a couple times so that when the time comes, you are not thrashing a brand new belt. I know lots of guys are pissed about it- a fellow rider has gone through 4 belts in 4 rides...refuses to break them in- screw BRP....really,lol. I am not saying there isn’t a problem... I have vented, drilled holes, cut shroud, removed insulation,opened side panels when stopped, added weight and am in process of buying a clutch kit....just that some of the onus falls upon us...kinda like taking off from the parking lot and cold seizing 5 minutes up the trail....! I enjoy Dave’s videos( I watch the ones that interest me...like adjusting chaincase every 3-4 rides...was a good reminder!) and if anything am jealous of him and what he gets to do....just my 2 cents.
Cheers

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
I actually have to chuckle at how many threads there are about belts and 850 heat issues but have to ask how many guys really break in a belt properly....not trying to stir up **** but but just something I learned and have noticed( yes, I have blown 1 belt... at 800 km, dealer handed me a new one when I walked in- joys of a good dealer). I am guilty of it as I’m sure many others are....once I blew my belt, I pulled out my brand new one and had not much choice but to run it hard due to the area I was in...I now make sure that my spare is broken in before having to use it. It is quite easy to do, at the end of the day, throw in your new one for the ride out and do this a couple times so that when the time comes, you are not thrashing a brand new belt. I know lots of guys are pissed about it- a fellow rider has gone through 4 belts in 4 rides...refuses to break them in- screw BRP....really,lol. I am not saying there isn’t a problem... I have vented, drilled holes, cut shroud, removed insulation,opened side panels when stopped, added weight and am in process of buying a clutch kit....just that some of the onus falls upon us...kinda like taking off from the parking lot and cold seizing 5 minutes up the trail....! I enjoy Dave’s videos( I watch the ones that interest me...like adjusting chaincase every 3-4 rides...was a good reminder!) and if anything am jealous of him and what he gets to do....just my 2 cents.
Cheers

I'm not the greatest at breaking in belts but come on obviously there is a problem. I did try breaking some in properly. I never really felt that it made a difference. Crappy clutching is going to ruin your belt no matter if you break it in or not. My t3s have never had belt problems. I'm fine with 500 miles out of a belt to. I don't expect to last in our snow, my size and the way I like to ride. I'm hard on them. But 80-100 miles a belt is pathetic.

Premium Features