SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - 2016 m8000 supercharger
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Currently: Wishing I was riding some place
ranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond reputeranger12 has a reputation beyond repute

The fit and finish is above what I expected. The sled ran pretty darn good when I got it, but Speedwerx sent me a different map for it shortly after I got it. I think Cat made some changes in the ECM for the 16 sleds and they adjusted their map for that. I have the POD 300 with Auto Tune on this sled which the Auto Tune is turned "off" and I am only using the AFR readings from it. My AFR readings are pretty much spot on. I have logged some time on the POD 300 and replayed them on the Dynojet PowerCore software and everything is right where it is supposed to be. I have looked at my piston wash and that is telling me that I could lean it out. Not 100% sure if you read piston wash the same on a supercharged sled as you would a BB motor or not though. I am still old school and like EGT's better than an AFR gauge also. So I am not 100% totally confident in changing the map when it is running as good as it is and don't think it is necessary. I have used the PCV on a lot of sleds and am very comfortable using it and making my own maps, but now with the SC sled you are using it to its full extent and have pressure tables and other various configurations that are in play. This sled has the lower compression head and the 40/80 pulleys on it which is the pump gas version. When I play my passes back on the Power Core software it will run pretty consistently about 8-8.5 psi. I have been doing the majority of my riding so far from 9600' to just under 11000'. I have it clutched so it will consistently pull 8250 rpm in that elevation range.
This is the simplest most powerful sled I have ever had. Pull up to the pump and fill it up with premium and add oil to the oil tank and go have fun.
I sure don't miss those days of mixing race fuel, gas and oil or making sure I had enough AV fuel to last me for how long I was going to be up on the mountain and transporting it for hundreds of miles.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ranger12 For This Useful Post:
akMcat (02-11-2016), BBP (02-14-2016), Nextime (02-29-2016), thornecat (03-16-2016)