• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How happy are you with your XP?

Are you happy with your XP?

• Total voters
D
Sep 21, 2011
Owned two 08's and an 09'. Had good luck with all of them surprisingly except they just didnt suit my riding style. Only complaint was I feel like they are weak in the front, although I've heard they are reinforced now... No disrespect just happy with my 09 cat and new 2012 PC 800.

Z
Jan 12, 2005
Hahns Peak, CO
First Ride 2012 163 - X (three weeks ago) - rode 62 miles, with half that distance in 3-feet of fresh. Filed up my tank just the other day, and I only used 4.2-gal, and a third of the injector oil of a full tank. Sweet!

What sucks? The new ski's suck on hard pack, and won't bite to allow slow turns.

What's great? The new suspension is great, and it feels like I have a 144 track under me when I'm riding (as far as handling and turning in the deep snow).

R
Nov 26, 2007
TB-MT
50:50

loved it but not super happy. rod bearing siezed and broke and punched a hole in the water jacket in the bottom case half....885 miles. 10 months outta warrany.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Just switched from Polaris this year jumped on a 10 xp and I love it haven't had any issues and it is super strong

P

PaulWatt

Jan 15, 2008
On my fourth Summit now. My 09 blew a ring at 7500km on Friday, still covered by warranty, so I traded it in on a 12 154 etec. I was riding the 12 146 the other day. WOW! So fun. That engine rips, and the sled handles beautifully. The 09 was a bit of a tank, but easy enough to handle with a bit of muscle. The 12 is a totally new beast.

Warranty has been great on all my Ski-Doos. Things are replaced very fast, and without question. I only went through 3 belts in 7500 km on that 09. I even have a hard time believing it. They must have accidentally lined things up perfectly, since everyone else I know has gone through a lot more.

I really like Ski-Doo, and I'll stick with them.

chainbreaker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
Calgary,ab
At first I wasn`t completly impressed with my stock 2010 summit in the fresh powder.The track was like a cheese grater,and seemed to get stuck alot.The rearend just didn`t seem to float very well when I was trying to boondock.After putting a challenger extreme track and a tom`s snowmobile clutch kit with a shockwave helix on,it was a whole new animal.I`m able to do alot more in the powder with confidence.The clutch engaging at a lower rpm has definatly helped get me out of a hole,or get going in the deeper powder.I love my xp again.:face-icon-small-coo

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
night and day!

I have an 09 xp everest that I got in the beginning of last season 10-11 and road it last year and really was not that impressed. I rode a 2011 assult rmk and decided i was going to trade up for one of those as soon as practical. I missed the boat on the "deals" of the summer and waited too long to get one so I then started looking at ways to "cope" with the xp! two things I did were 1- s36 kit, made an enormous improvement in my opinion especially because my sled came with the shocks that skidoo should be embarrassed of! so i highly recomend that. 2 - and this is the big one, c3 post forward kit !!! all i can say is thanks c3, this simple and cheap mod is the first and most important thing you should do to your xp as far as im concerned it literally made me keep my xp i had no idea how terrable it was stock until ridding with this mod you basically have to see for your self. thanks c3

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
Love my 2010 summit 800 x. I was a huge anti-doo fan till I tried a buddies XP and the sled just fit like a glove so I bought my 2010 left over and have two great seasons on it and 2200 miles. Have some money into it in upgrades, clutching, airframe boards, etc. One blown belt in 2200 miles is not bad and the only issue I have had.

T
Dec 25, 2010
Had the rod bearing go out at 1200 mile, a month and a week out of warranty. A local dealer (Tomahawk Sports Center, Tomahawk WI) went to bat for me and BRP bought me a new engine. I am a happy camper and the sled did good for me in Alpine WY this last winter.

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
love my 154 xp, never had any issues. but i'm 280# and now that i have some experience snowmobiling its time for a 163 xm. definitely going to keep the XP for not so deep days and friends.

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
dad, had an 09 belt eating piece of chunk.. tried everything.. taking to dealers, venting. so on and so forth..

traded the pile in and got a 2013 xm 154"

hope this one is better for him

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Will admit that I was ready to dump my 2011 Summit SP, purchased Feb 2012, for a PRO or a M Series. Just never made friends with the sled and was fighting it in boon docking conditions.

Well that all change with the installation of the T-Motion kit and spending some time getting the suspension adjusted for my weight. The T-Motion kit is a great addition to the XP, highly recommend it.

Now that my confidence is returning and riding the sled harder I find the power to be only adequate for I am using it all in some climbing and boon docking conditions. But that is a separate topic.

So almost a year later I am happy with the sled.

Last edited:
X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I love my 09 146. 151 hp and 425 lbs. Years ago that would take roughly $15-20K to build. In good snow it handles and carves like butter, can ride with 2 fingers. If snow is setup or hard base and little new then it's a little tricky. I've seen guys struggling and cussing out the XP while trying to carve in 4" of crust. I tell them to quit trying to carve and sit down and ride the thing or leave it flat against the snow. You only have to carve when it's deep dummy.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
I got the first 146 2008 Summit and I was ready to drive it off a cliff... tore up the track, drivers went bad, ate a zillion belts, gauges went bad... FINALLY got it fixed with new Team driven and track... but still was a trencher

My wife's 2009 hillclimb has been bullet proof now at 3000 miles other than the driver caused crashes and upside downs has been great sled... when son #2 ran a boulder through the tunnel I said "part it out" well it is as the welding shop now:focus:

My 2012 SP has been mechanically great (although the wife's P Tek is quicker) but has been a challenge to learn to ride and dial in...

T

twobobz

Feb 13, 2009
South Jordan Utah
Absolutely Love This ETEC

Been on several other newer sleds by other manufacturers and ride with a newer Pro and Cat every week, and have nothing but good to say about this 11 etec w/ 163. Quiet, low oil usage, unreal deep snow machine... I hope to be riding it for a long time to come.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
The 2014 Ski-Doo Models year is set. What you all should do is go to:

http://www.ski-doo.com/community/my-skidoo-idea

and start telling Ski-Doo exactly what you want in the next Summit.

Want it lighter? Tell Them
Want a turbo? Tell Them
Want a 174? Tell Them
Want better shocks? Tell Them

My list was short, just ask for a sub 400 lb dry weight, 200 hp normally aspirated motor, in a Summit package. BRP has the ability to produce such a sled at a reasonable price, we need to convince them of the demand.

This not mission impossible and we can all be agents for this....spread the word and post your ideas.

Link: http://www.ski-doo.com/community/my-skidoo-idea

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
I was so happy with the 13 etec xm 154in. i looked for a good used 09 to 12 and ended up with a new 163 sp 800 leftover real cheap and a good thing also as the 13 got a stuck throttle about 3 weeks later and still not back together, it was completly weird this season here in western wash. we actually had more powder (deep) snow here this season than anything else and with that 163 track it just goes up them steep hills and is very predictable (except when climbing a rock hill in powder) (only real hickup by me on it) 400 hard earned miles and loving it, a little harder to turn and sidehill than the 13 xm but in the deep stuff i will be riding it when the 13 is fixed. so far so good still on 1st belt and all looks good.

M
May 3, 2011
2012 800 e-tec flat rocks!

Love my 2012 800 e-tec, Added the t-motion and it made a great sled even better. I ride the Flattops and Grand mesa in deep powder and this sled flat goes!

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
09 Everest 154, t-mo, s-36, ds-2 ski and spindle, flex edge 2.5". Trued crank, dual ring pistons, balanced clutch and shimmed secondary. Clutched by SHR to my specs and is the most fun sled I have ever owned. Even more fun than my 13' pro I had last year, mainly because the power but is all around more fun to ride. Ran on the same belt all year 600+ miles. Two huge thumbs up!!!!!!!!!

Premium Features