• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E start for the Alpha

J
Jan 7, 2016
Hey Guys,

Anyone know the part number for the e start kit. Cant find it on Country cats website. My dealer cant seem to find it either. They did say Cat hasn't released it yet. But I figured someone here may know more details.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
My advice would be to find someone with an Alpha 6000 or maybe a Mountain Cat who has E-start and does not want it. Then you guys can swap parts back a forth to make it happen. Contact your dealer maybe they can help make the arrangement. My friend did this with his RMK a couple years ago, he wanted E-start, another guy wanted to lose it. They spent and afternoon swapping parts and away they went. If you do decide to buy it, you need to swap gas tanks as the e start sleds use a long tank.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I bought all the parts last year to put e-start on my 18’. I wanted the bigger non-e-start gas tank. Mount the small lithium battery under the hood. The hardest part was finding the wire harness for the kit. If you use a lithium battery I think it ended up adding about 12lbs.

fharrison

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2009
I was looking into this as well but am concerned that it may be more complicated with the push button electric start on the handlebar now. Is cat going to provide a plug in harness or will we have to splice wires?

R
Feb 26, 2008
Im gonna be pulling the electric start off my 600 Alpha when it shows up if someone wants to buy it cheap and swap tanks with me. Preferably close to Boise as shipping the tank and seat will be expensive.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
My .02 is electric start will only be worth it when it’s like the shot system, what is it like 3 lbs?

i think they say 2lbs. I'll give Doo credit its a pretty amazing system. Kind of wierd when you first use it, you just press the button and a second later the motor is running, no noise(starter bendix), and just starts

Premium Features