• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PHOTOS... 2013 RMK'S AND FULL LINE BROCHURE... MORE INFO

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T
Jan 1, 2008
Did anyone notice the driven shaft on the opposite side of the belt drive? It is splined with a large 6 bolt bearing retaining system. What is this for? I think that this will be for a four stroke electric reverse system? What do you guys think?

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone know or have the link as to what the difference between the LE Assualt Powder vs. LE Assualt?

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I think this year the LE Assault Powder is the only way you are going to get an Assault with the 5.1 track.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
I think this year the LE Assault Powder is the only way you are going to get an Assault with the 5.1 track.

Gotcha, was also hoping to get the narrow front end. But then saw that you dont get the belt drive, definite deal breaker, going with regular pro and shock revalve.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Looking good. That white Pro-RMK is got me chubbin a little bit.

Still waiting to hear about a piggyback shock option on the RMKs.

:) Are ya listening, Pol? :)

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Would look pretty sick with blacked out arms, spindles and skid rails. AND replace the white seat panel with a grey color.

xpicture.php,qalbumid=2723,apictureid=25758.pagespeed.ic.qPs33kt0ow.jpg

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Warranty

I asked the dealer for something to read about the warranty and he didn't really have anything. I did a search on the website and Google and didn't really come up with anything on the Polistar warranty.

If someone could point me to something to read I would sure appreciate it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sweet. Can you do a low white windshield when you get the rails blacked out? :)

attachment.php

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
The way things are looking there will be nothing but White/Silver Pros running around next season. They are sweet looking but I am wondering if they won't be a PIA like a black car is??

Can you get any of those side shot pics of the standard Pro's?

Last edited:

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Yes on the running boards... those are available from Polaris Acessories.

NO on a Belt Drive "Kit"... separate parts.. Probably around $1000... but that cost is speculation on my part... I'm sure that some of the more enterprising parts suppliers will put together a kit for their customers to get it all in one swoop.

You CAN reuse your 2011/12 driveshaft with the belt drive... need jackshaft, bearing plate, brake rotor, belt, upper and lower pulleys, and some other small parts... plus Lord 406-19GB adhesive...

Did the engineers tell you this? Yesterday at the Expo two of the dealers said that you needed a new driveshaft. I pointed out to them that the stripped down chassis sitting there had a 2011/12 driveshaft. They responded that it took extensive machining to get it to work. Which never made any sense to me. I see on the 2013 the speed sensor is gone on the driveshaft underneath the secondary. It actually sits on the bulkhead using the brake rotor to deternine speed.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
i love the look of the white, but i swore i would never own a white sled again. my bcx has green and brown pin stripes all over it and i can't get them to come out. i'm leaning towards the retro, i'm likeing the blue.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
PHOTOS OF THE "STANDARD" RMK (NON "PRO") MODELS

STANDARD MODELS (NON-"PRO")
THESE HAVE THE SAME ENGINES, AND TRACK, SAME REAR SUSPENSION AND RUNNING BOARDS...

DIFFERENT
HANDLBARS, STEERING POST STEM, CONTROLS, NO BELT DRIVE, SHOCKS (NON REBUIDABLE FRONT AND REAR, AND LONGER ON THE SKI-SHOCKS), A-ARMS AND ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IN 155" LENGTHS, THE "STANDARD" MODELS ALSO HAVE AN ADDITIONAL FRONT TUNNEL/BUKHEAD COOLER AND BOGIE WHEELS ON THE SUSPENSION.

IMO, If you are going to turbo the sled and install a different suspension front and rear... this may make more sense...you gain additional cooling and give up only the belt-drive and the handlebars/controls.... Both of which can be updated later.:face-icon-small-win

We have yet to see the durability of the belt-drive IN CONSUMERS HANDS on TURBO regular-season-production sleds. I'm confident that the belt-drive will hold up to most abuse, but I'd like to make a more informed eval. in Feb when the turbo guys have more miles on the sleds. There will be an upgrade for to the belt-drive with C3 OR production parts later.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Premium Features