• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF ! ! ! ! Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
I thought it was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What does 3 angry washed up goofballs who talk into a microphone while another idiot with a record player jerks the needle around have to do with rock and roll?

Kiss is too big for the Hall.

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
Not that I like either Kiss or DMC but DMC did something different when they merged rock and rap, so that is why i am guessing they are up and Kiss well? they were not the first face painters and their music is not all that special.

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
Not that I like either Kiss or DMC but DMC did something different when they merged rock and rap, so that is why i am guessing they are up and Kiss well? they were not the first face painters and their music is not all that special.

Ummmm NOT THAT SPECIAL ! ? ! KISS ranks third only behind the Rolling Stones and the Beatles for consecutive gold records, with twenty-four.

The group's worldwide sales exceed 80 million albums AND they are one of the most attended touring bands.

You're right, hopefully someday they can do something special.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
Ummmm NOT THAT SPECIAL ! ? ! KISS ranks third only behind the Rolling Stones and the Beatles for consecutive gold records, with twenty-four.

The group's worldwide sales exceed 80 million albums AND they are one of the most attended touring bands.

I only hope that I can be that special some day.

C
Not special, wow there's statment. You don't have to like them but the facts are the facts. They ARE, one of the first face painters, and they have one of the best live concerts of any band anywhere. Other bands have said this more than once in interviews etc. They wrote pretty much all of thier own music which alot of bands can't say. The list goes on. I also respect Gene for never smoking, drinking or doing drugs, that is a feat that most rappers and rockers can't beat.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

Lets site where you stole your information from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_(band)

On top of that, they are also behind Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Reba Mcentire, Elvis(81), Kenny Rogers, Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart, Barbra Streishand (50), George Straight, just to name a few.

They had 2 multi-platinum albums. On the multi-platinum list, they are near the bottom.

On top of that they don't have 1 album in the top 100 albums of all time.
(Meat loaf has at least 1, Salt n Peppa, Red hot Chili peppers, Wham, TLC, Nickleback, Offspring, Kenny G, etc, etc all have made this list)

Kiss couldn't make the list but those bands above could.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblArtTal

I am not saying Kiss should not be in there, but one it is voted on by judges, not the people. Kiss was not an excellent band, they put on makeup and were able to perform, and I do believe they should be in there but their album sales are by no mean amazing.

W
Jan 2, 2008
Didn't know much about Gene Simmons, did a Wikipedia search and he's cool beans in my book, other than his liberal stance on social issues.

I could give 2 chits about rock n rolll hall of fame, grammys, or any other award or clubs.

Wife had the grammy awards on the other night, lasted 20 seconds before I had to wrestle her for the remote to turn that chit off.

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
Not special, wow there's statment. You don't have to like them but the facts are the facts. They ARE, one of the first face painters, and they have one of the best live concerts of any band anywhere. Other bands have said this more than once in interviews etc. They wrote pretty much all of thier own music which alot of bands can't say. The list goes on. I also respect Gene for never smoking, drinking or doing drugs, that is a feat that most rappers and rockers can't beat.

Kiss did not start face painting until the 70's, Alice Cooper I believe was the first, however I could be wrong, it could have been Authur Brown not for sure. And if they were that special we would not have this thread. Facts are facts!

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
Didn't know much about Gene Simmons, did a Wikipedia search and he's cool beans in my book, other than his liberal stance on social issues.

I could give 2 chits about rock n rolll hall of fame, grammys, or any other award or clubs.

Wife had the grammy awards on the other night, lasted 20 seconds before I had to wrestle her for the remote to turn that chit off.

From Wikipedia on Gene Simmons:

He supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, writing on his website:

"I'm ashamed to be surrounded by people calling themselves liberal who are, in my opinion, spitting on the graves of brave American soldiers who gave their life to fight a war that wasn't theirs...in a country they've never been to... simply to liberate the people therein".

In a follow-up, Simmons explained his position and wrote about his love and support for the United States:

"I wasn't born here. But I have a love for this country and its people that knows no bounds. I will forever be grateful to America for going into World War II, when it had nothing to gain, in a country that was far away... and rescued my mother from the Nazi German Concentration Camps. She is alive and I am alive because of America. And, if you have a problem with America, you have a problem with me".

How many pansy celebrities will say exactly what's on their mind?

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
run dmc and rap in general are gayer than as bag full of d*cks

you maybe correct, however...with out run dmc infuence into the music scene back in the early 80's, you wouldn't have the type of rock music that you listen to know. they were big in creatating the rap rock music that we have now....linkon park, slip knot, korn, etc.....

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
gene simmons show on a&E is a great show to watch and get a good laugh.

kiss might be well known, but in my opinion, their music sucks and they put on a really crappy show when i saw them.

sorry wrong era...

Premium Features