• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lava red summit.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Near a city in WA.
Anyone else see this sled in person. ? It looks orange to me. What i saw in the pics it looked red and i liked it. But in person its orange. I dont want orange. ? No other good color options for me.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Saw it today in West at the snow expo. Does look orange-red in person. But i liked it better than the red red in the photos. Not sure if the prototype's orange-red is the final color, but it is likely.

The blue black looked good on the sp and the x.

What surprised me the most is how much I like the freeride colors in person. Didn't like the photos at all, but it either grew on me over time or maybe because it just rode so great. I found a section of whoops and pounded through them 8 times. Took a summit through the same section a few times and the rear suspension on that packed out after 40 feet or so. Jumped back on the freeride again and flew through them high speed and in control. Very sweet suspension. After we got back from the demo ride, throughout the day I found myself going back over to look at the freeride and realizing I REALLY like the new 2019 freeride colors! Ha.

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Saw it today in West at the snow expo. Does look orange-red in person. But i liked it better than the red red in the photos. Not sure if the prototype's orange-red is the final color, but it is likely.

The blue black looked good on the sp and the x.

What surprised me the most is how much I like the freeride colors in person. Didn't like the photos at all, but it either grew on me over time or maybe because it just rode so great. I found a section of woops and pounded through them 8 times. Took a summit through the same section a few times and the rear suspension on that packed out after 40 feet or so. Jumped back on the freeride again and flew through them high speed and in control. Very sweet suspension. Got back and just kept going and looking at it again and now really like the new 2019 freeride colors! Ha.

I’ve heard several people say the blue freeride looks really good.

C
Feb 27, 2018
I ordered a red summit x. Loved the red in all the pics. Now you guys are making me nervous haha , but the 16 Freeride was Lava red and I thought that looked good on snow.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
It looks like Porsche Guards Red to me from the pics but a little “brighter”. Guards Red is sorta orange but when you look at it you know it’s RED! I think it’s one of those colors that’s going to be a love it or hate it on a sled. But if you love it buy it. 20 yrs from now when you look at pics of it you’ll probably wonder how you could have bought such a gawdy color tho lol. Like the fluorescent yellow, orange and green colors come into fashion every 20 years. Remember fluorescent parachute pants and jackets from the 80s???!!!!

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Even if I had pics, Digital pictures don't give a good color representation. Even if i color corrected on this side to make it the correct color on my monitor, everyone has their monitors set up different so it will be off on your end. Same reason you can't trust the color on clothing from online retailers. Seeing in person is the only way.

There is still more red in it then orange, but it is NOT an intense red (not fire engine red nor the red red on polaris for example). Definitely an orangy red. I liked it better than a red red like what the skidoo website shows. The live reveal showed it much more orange and i thought it was just the lighting, but that turned out to be closer to reality than the skidoo website pics. I liked it better in person than the website. It is just a really warm red. Or what a red red would look like as the sun gets low on the horizon and sends a warm yellow light onto a red red item. It is somewhat like when honda dirtbikes changed from red red in the early 80s to a warm orangish red.

This issue of snowest looks fairly acurate on my tablet....attaching that pic...

Screenshot_2018-03-14-19-18-11.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features