• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raze Wingman vs PR2 ECU

Z
May 15, 2017
Kamloops B.C.
Hey Guys, Just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these. I have a Husky 501 and want to get an ecu for next season and am just trying to see which one people are happier with. Also, can you run these all year round? or do you need to take it out for summer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
I have the same bike fe501 and plan on doing the same. I also am curious on what the difference is? I think its the same vortex ecu but with diff mapping. Im prob gunna go with the pr2 just because i think its less money and has great reviews.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
I am running the pr2 on my 17 husky 450. It has 4 dials on it so you can custom tune low, midrange, and high rpm that come set on 5 for the average user and can be tweaked for mods and the forth dial is for the 10 different maps you can choose from. There are two regular snowbike maps that change fuel and rpm settings, three snow cross race maps for race fuel, a couple powder maps, and then two stock dirt maps. You can also zero your tps with this ecu by holding kill switch down and trying to start bike. Also with the remapping of the fuel curve for the bike needs and not letting the bike go into choke mode is a game changer in performance.

Last edited:
D
Apr 8, 2016
Hi!

I have Husky FE501 '16 & TS MH ST '16.
I ready to buy PR2 ECU.
I wrote Jeff and the PR2 contacts, but I did not get a response.
Tell me where else can I buy PR2 ECU.

Thanks!

M
Mar 3, 2016
Resurrection of Thread

I'd like to bring this thread back from the dead:rip: as winter is in the back of my mind with my first snowbike build starting.

I'm really interested in what you guys have to say regarding the comparison of these two products. The statements seem cohesively decided of the improvement an ECU brings to the bikes.

If anyone has tried both products please share any comparisons/differences.

Thanks!

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
I have a 16 KTM 500xc that I'm looking to do something with also. Been playing phone tag with RAZE. I really would like to talk to someone who has had either one on a 500XC

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I'd like to bring this thread back from the dead:rip: as winter is in the back of my mind with my first snowbike build starting.

I'm really interested in what you guys have to say regarding the comparison of these two products. The statements seem cohesively decided of the improvement an ECU brings to the bikes.

If anyone has tried both products please share any comparisons/differences.

Thanks!

I have a Pr2 on my 14.5 KTM 450 SXF. Best thing that I did to the bike by far. It is on its way back to Pr2 now to be reprogrammed for the Thumper Racing 520 kit that has been installed. Jeff is reprogramming it for me at no cost since I just purchased the ECU earlier this year. I don't know anything about the Raze except they are a lot more expensive. I ran my Pr2 ECU on the third map all of the time. Higher rev limit, more and cleaner power, easy starting, no cold weather overfueling, etc. Very high marks for Pr2!!!! Jeff is easy to get in touch with and explains every question patiently. Best service that I have ever received from an aftermarket product manufacturer.

BendBrapp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2015
I would always recommend using a thermostat on a snowbike. The motors were designed to make peak power at above 180f. Keeping temps as close to 200f is ideal. I'm referring to the 4t bikes. Even if the ECU prevents overfueling, keeping the temps up with a thermostat and engine covers make a huge difference in how the bike runs. Engine covers are easy to adjust for the conditions. Oh yeah, inserts to block the radiators as well. Mine are simple abs sheets that are removable and easily stashed if things get too warm.

Premium Features