• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Golden ticket holders

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
I see now there is a GOLDEN TICKET BOUNS for those with them that if we use it this year we GET another $1000 off a 17 too! then it starts to decline..500 for 18...ect. What are you guys going to do, I was going to wait till 17 but now that we could do it twice? I only have 300 miles on my 15 with this lame winter we have had in Central MT soo....I would most likely take a big hit on it? What's everyone's train of thought.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I'm keeping my 15 for another year and look at checking one in '17 ?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I'm a Polaris guy and have been for years but I'll be waiting a year for the 17.

I'm sure the new Axys will be fine but...........new motor, new track, new tunnel, etc.......Don't feel like being a Guinea pig for Polaris. Just look at the past record, 11's were okay (with issues) but the 12's were better. 13's with the new belt drive and new a-arms were okay (with issues) but the 14's and 15's were better. Go back further and it' s the same story. Again, I'm sure they will be great but my thoughts......Give them a year and let them work out the "little" things and then I'm in!!!

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
It really sucks that polaris is requiring us to buy a pro or assault with the ticket. There are those of us that go to the mountains 2-3 times a year and want to do a leasure trail ride with the wife and kids. I bought the RMK LE for a reason, the front cooler. Why does polaris force us to buy something that we did not buy in 2015 with the ticket? I sold my 2012 RMK for a great price that I could not turn down. Now I'm ready to replace that sled for my wife with a new 2016.

What is the best thing to do with a Pro for cooling? 2 sets of scatchers and a set of ski z's? What are people doing for low snow conditions on these pro's?

I know Indy 500 knows what I'm talking about. Any suggestions without re-engineering a pro just because of a ticket?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
From what I've found the SKS is the only Axys sled to offer the front bulkhead cooler. I would check with your favorite dealer to see if it qualifies.

soreloser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NE Wyoming
I'm pretty sure the sks qualifies for golden ticket. At least that's what i understood going through the Q&A Facebook thing.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Give it some time, I bet we will be able to use our golden ticket on more models? I have way too many questions to be answered before I think about getting my golden ticket out of my picture frame :) I like the SKS, but not sure if the price is correct? If so that is awfully expensive for my taste.

slabman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2008
Gold Ticket a sham

How are guys figuring that they are getting a $1000 dollars off when they snowcheck with the gold ticket. You are paying $16000 with GST for a PRO 155 which is way more then my $12000 I payed for my 2013 pro 155 so you are actually giving Polaris a extra $1000 so that they can hold you into buying a new sled every year. What a scam.

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
My 2015 was built exactly how I always wanted an RMK and my current golden ticket is good for 2017 so I will wait. Looking forward to seeing everyone with the new sleds and how the hold up.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Both the Axys build volume from poo, and discounts a year from now on holdover 2016's, will be interesting to watch. I'm guessing they don't want to overbuild, but will be tempted. If this was a banner snow year in the west this year it would be easier - build lots of them. If next year is big on snow with little holdover, poo will be kicking themselves that they didn't build more. Ah, the life and times of being an OEM...

rmkrazy87

Premium Member
Oct 29, 2014
Minnesota
It really sucks that polaris is requiring us to buy a pro or assault with the ticket. There are those of us that go to the mountains 2-3 times a year and want to do a leasure trail ride with the wife and kids. I bought the RMK LE for a reason, the front cooler. Why does polaris force us to buy something that we did not buy in 2015 with the ticket? I sold my 2012 RMK for a great price that I could not turn down. Now I'm ready to replace that sled for my wife with a new 2016.

What is the best thing to do with a Pro for cooling? 2 sets of scatchers and a set of ski z's? What are people doing for low snow conditions on these pro's?

I know Indy 500 knows what I'm talking about. Any suggestions without re-engineering a pro just because of a ticket?

I have never had cooling problems with my 12 pro. Even marginal snow conditions on the trail early this winter in North MN. Scratchers down, 125F - 129F all day long. The highest temps I ever saw was putzing through the trees with set up snow in Wyoming but even then all I needed to do was burp the throttle every so often to kick some snow on the cooler. I actually think this sled runs cooler than my 09D8.

Premium Features