• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CR Racing Relocator vs. OFT Steering relocator???

K

KJFarmer

Aug 24, 2009
North Dakota
Just got my nytro a couple weeks ago and cant stand the steering on it. Was gonna get a oft setup right away but as im sure everyone knows they've been closed. So im wondering how does the CR relocator compare to the OFT. would like to wait to get the oft one but i would really like one soon. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with both of them.

Thanks
Kyle

S
Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, WA
I love my OFT. With some kits you have to bend the lower mount. I dont know if this is the case with CR, But the OFT kit provides a new lower block to change the angle with out bending up your sled.

You will not be disapointed if you wait for the OFT kit.

B

blackhillsnytro

Nov 22, 2008
Spearfish SD
I would try contacting one of the guys at OFT, just met Moto up in the horns this weekend, good guy. Maybe one of them can fill you in on timeframe

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
I love my OFT. With some kits you have to bend the lower mount. I dont know if this is the case with CR, But the OFT kit provides a new lower block to change the angle with out bending up your sled.

You will not be disapointed if you wait for the OFT kit.

?? You have to bend the 2 lower mounting studs with the OFT kit as well... I have the oft and the quality is top notch.

K

KJFarmer

Aug 24, 2009
North Dakota
Sounds good ill try calling them again to see if i can find anything out. would like to get there roll over valve also

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I would love it if someone who has installed a CR racing relocator would chime in. The price difference is huge and I'm wondering if it's actually worth the 150 for the OFT one.
-Justin

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I think the oft is worth every cent you spend on it. Quality is amazing on it and the transformation it makes on every riding situation is amazing. Makes the bars a little too far out sitting down but who wants to ride sitting down:)

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
i have had both and for the money the oft one isnt worth it, yes it has its good points cool looking piece with great bushings which by the way make a dirty mess all over the place when melted snow gets in there,runny black crap allover under the hood, i have to constantly clean it. but i havent had to buy new bushings yet but i can feel play in the oilite now. in my opinion go with the cr and save some money. not that it matters but its way lighter.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds good ill try calling them again to see if i can find anything out. would like to get there roll over valve also

Hey KJ,

Missed a call from North Dakota this afternoon. Maybe it was you? Anyway, we are machining more relocators right now and should have kits ready to ship by the end of next week.

Scott

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I made my own version of the CR relocator out of aluminum strips. I ended up buying the aluminum steering blocks and bearings from OFT regardless though, just the regular ones, not the relocator.

K

KJFarmer

Aug 24, 2009
North Dakota
Hey KJ,

Missed a call from North Dakota this afternoon. Maybe it was you? Anyway, we are machining more relocators right now and should have kits ready to ship by the end of next week.

Scott

That would be me, That would be great to get one as soon as they get done.

Sent you a PM

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
im sure oft is great.. but we run CR in 2 with no problems.. dont remember sanding anything? Had to cut some plastic but no bi deal.. 5 mins with a exacto knife!

G
Mar 13, 2009
Western NY
My version. relocates the steering post half the distance....better for us shorter guys!

IMG_6277.jpg

Premium Features