• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 xp belt life

zaxxcmx925

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2005
blew my first 377 at 85 miles,have about 150 miles on second belt,cords on left side starting to come out.at dealer now to check clutches.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
oh crap, not again...

I lost count on how many belts my 08 XP ran through.. but it was at least 2-3 a weekend until the 377 belt came out... but still this belt was way too hot... so did the 2KoolVents and re-aligned the belt by eyesight (with the sled running on a stand... loosened the engine and just barred it over)... still too much heat so ponied up for a Team... no more problems...

Wife buys an 09 HC Special... loves the sled... we spend this morning just hammering the sleds climbing in 2+ feet powder today.. no problems. We had both rode this sled hard for about 600 miles and then the original belt explodes today at low speeds in deep snow (ok I am thinking, I can live with 600 miles a belt)... put on belt two, a broke in 377 and get on the trail heading home... about four miles down the trail under 3/4 throttle "boom" this belt explodes... this is bad.. everything is hot as hell.. so put on another new spare 377, take off the clutch guard, leave the panel open and limp the sled to the trailer... deflection looked fine... track spins fine.. I hope I don't have to do another 550 dollar fix... will see what warranty does

S
Nov 27, 2007
Bonney Lake
Re cluched, re geared wash your belts when you buy them.. never anded vents and changed the belt after 600 miles just due to slipping, never broke one.. broke 3 belts in 200 miles prior to gearing and clutching....

Premium Features