• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Added Frog skin and hole on Dash M1000

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
Added Frog skin and holes on Dash M1000
I was wondering if anyone modified there Air Box after the Frog Skin and Hole in the Dash. The End of the Air box is right there and I thought a little more air
would help it Breath.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
There is already an intake on the top side of the airbox under the gauge with a frogskin on it. I think all you would accomplish is more intake noise.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Install the SLP modified air intake kit for the M1000. I had that sled and fought deep powder bogging until I did that. The SLP modified intake has intake screens under the hood...they don't affect cold intake performance that I noticed but will certainly become a good auxillary intake when the powder is over the hood and choking out the intake. Once that was installed, no more deep powder bogging issues.

Also helpful is an aftermarket Y pipe...this cleaned things up through the range and it was less likely to bog. But no other mods if you do Y pipe...it will get too lean.

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
Thanks for the info about extra holes under Gauge...
I have SLP pipe, Y pipe, and Can and the Boondocker controller I have yet to run it in over the Hood Powder.
But had herd of bogging if no extra vents.
When riding at Rabbit ears end of Season last year I though a little under reving at 7400. 75 gram weights.
I have a few sets to try this year 70, 73, 75,77, 80 and 83 gram.
for both Michigan Boondocken and back out west Late this year.
I Have a Crossfire 1000 also ( thats why so many weights)

thanks for opinions

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Add another shim to the secondary spring (more preload) and install rock rollers to keep Rs during backshifting...FYI. Make sure your primary spring is fresh too.

Premium Features