• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ATTENTION TRAILSWEST AND LOGAN trailer owners!!!

J
Nov 12, 2015
Colorado
I am completely blown away at the continuing issues that I have been having with these EXPENSIVE trailers and its time we raise some cane!

I bought a new 2016 Trailswest RPM Burandt with all of the goodies. I had the heater go out twice, both times the dealer took care of the bad circuit board issue. They never installed foam on my rear door so when I get to Idaho to show off my new trailer, my buddy says, as we open the door, " did Trailswest include the snow at no charge?" There was a 3' high pile of pow in the corners of the inside of the trailer!! Both of the door locks for the fuel doors are somewhere along the highway between my house and The Snowies; both fell out. Then, the side panels of the trailer started to "unseal" leaving the skin opened up for debris and water to get inside! That is a bad idea because it will freeze and make the issue worse. Trailswest paid the dealer to re-seal the seams. The trailer was 2 years old at this time so I was thankful for the warranty. But, it looked like poo poo after the seams where "re-sealed". It was very obvious that they had worked on the seams.

So, I sell that trailer and "upgrade" to a Logan Coach Zbros trailer all loaded up-$39k. The first trip home I go to wash it and the back door seam has failed!!! I call and raise some cane and back to the dealer I go to have them rivet that seam so it wont happen again. This morning I go to wash the trailer and see that 3 of the seams on the passenger side have failed and are opened up!! WTFruit!!! This should not be happening on a brand new $39k trailer! This 3m tape is JUNK!!!!!!

As for the Logan being a better built trailer? Dont fool yourself. I have had it back to the dealer because of the failed seams, a stereo and amp that was not hooked up right, and rivets falling out of the walls because of some zipperhead at the factory doesnt give a rip about what he is doing.

I also have two buddies that have 2018 Burandts and both of their rear doors pulled apart and bubbled( Trails west installed new doors) and on one of the trailers they flipped the exhaust ports(at the factory) of the two heaters causing the main heater to not work. As a business owner, this stuff is insane to me!!

Please go look at your trailer and see if the seams have opened up. If enough of us holler back, maybe they will change their ways.......... probably not, but worth a shot.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you think the cosmetics suck?

You'll give yourself a coronary looking at the Structural side of most of these newer trailers. There is a reason they deliver them to the dealers via 40 foot semi trailers. Most won't even support themselves unloaded on the interstate, much less rural roads.

Last edited:
R
Jan 11, 2011
NM
Trailers that are 30-40k

Sounds like you should sell a quit buying 20-40k trailers. Why do you need such a nice trailer to haul sleds to mtn???? Maybe try a sled trailer that has been around forever and put a heater and stereo and fold down benches if you want to hang out in it you would be 25k less. My pace is 15 years old and get my sleds around great. Good lucks ive seen wells cargo and pace 20+ years old and they still are in good shape. I run a 200 dollar generator and a 100 dollar kerosene heater for 10 min in my trailer while i get dressed. I would call it a lemon and see if dealer will take it back or get rid of it asap and go back to concentrating on your sleds and get a cheaper trailer to save you $$$ and complaint headaches. Good luck thanks for the info they sure look nice!!!

J
Nov 12, 2015
Colorado
I have had a Pace and a Wells Fargo. I have installed my own lights, outlets, heaters, benches, etc. That was a lot of work, and while they worked just fine, its not the same thing as buying a factory set up trailer........ The problem with my thread is that most of the guys that read this DONT have one of these trailers. I am simply trying to reach and warn people before the frustration begins.:face-icon-small-win

But, at the end of the day, you guys are right. I should get use to owning crap as most American companies don't give a rip anymore about their product and their customers.

R
Jan 15, 2010
MN
Rpm 28ft trails west gooseneck

I agree my trails west trailer has had wiring issues, furnace issues and now the rear floor board is rotted out. The rust underneath is building up from there lack of paint. One coat primer just don’t get it. It’s a 2013 that I wash and take exceptional care of. The quality control needs to step up. We are not all chris burandt getting new trailers every year. So tighten up trailer builders out there.

dallen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2017
Heaters adequate?

I started a new thread on this, but curious if your experience suggests the standard 40,000 BTU heater (when it works) is adequate for heating the trailer to hang out in, even sleep in?

Last edited:
Premium Features