• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

open trailer with turbo

maxeater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
GF MT
when hauling on open trailer does the turbo intake need to be covered bagged to keep wind out of the turbo

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
new to turbos when hauling on open trailer does the turbo intake need to be covered bagged to keep wind out of the turbo

Most definitely. I just take 2 or 3 shopping bags and some elastic bands and put it over it, try and suck it down enough that the upper bag doesn't flap a ton, it'll get a hole in it quick. But in either case you don't want dirt getting on it, it's meant to filter snow, not dirt particles.

C
Jan 14, 2012
Go to Menards-Lowes-Home Depot and get a rubber cap from the plumbing section and get a hose clamp. Remove air intake filter-install rubber cap with a hose clamp.....

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
You don't want the wind to start spinning your turbine with out the engine running to lubricate the bearings. keep it covered when transporting it.

Ken...........

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
You don't want the wind to start spinning your turbine with out the engine running to lubricate the bearings. keep it covered when transporting it.

Ken...........

snobeel

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2008
I use a $10 goretex stuff sack from one of my local mountaineering shops. Seems to work great and it is an easy on/off with a draw string. They come in multiple sizes.

Premium Features