• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TrailsWest / Charmac / Mirage / Wells Cargo

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
My point is decide how much you want to have into you trailer.
If that # is $10,000 then buy the best $10,000 trailer that you can, not the nicest $10,000 trailer that you can.

Quality trumps amenities all day long and most options can always be added down the road.

very good point. when i ordered my Charmac i didnt have an unlimited budget so the upgrades i got were more quality IMO:

1 1/8" poly floor
.050 siding
7k axles
etc

crusher

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2008
Mapleton, UT
I too struggled with mirage and there warranty, cracked frame, axle fell off, broken hinges, broken door lift, rust like crazy....overall very poor workmanship..they seem to draw you in with all of the small creature comforts...and at the end of the day.....I bought a crappy trailer...I sold it to some poor soul. I bought in 2009 and sold in 2011. Sounds like Christopher has had good luck with them. He got a new trailer last year, and getting another one this year, if we could all do that we wouldn't have too worry too much.

Maybe they have changed.....but I can tell you my experience was not good....and will never ever tell anyone to buy a trailer made by them. that's what I told them when all my warranty claims were denied.

Sounds like you need a multi sport trailer. I bought a charmac tri sport elite...they are pricey, but I sure have been happy. Wasatch trailers put it together for me. Aluminum us the only way too go (in my opinion).

I have zero experience with the other trailer manufacturers you mentioned.

Cmpdman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2009
Utah & Texas
I went with the Trails West 28 BP in white. They are adding 2 more fuel doors to the passenger side. I'll keep you posted on how it works & what are my likes and dislikes about the trailer. Im in TX so Im not able to make it to the snow show in SLC.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Maybe they have changed.....but I can tell you my experience was not good....and will never ever tell anyone to buy a trailer made by them. that's what I told them when all my warranty claims were denied.

The owner of mirage is getting into sledding himself, and that might part if his push to seriously upgrade the quality of his traitors.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just called the Trails West factory and Shane was out for the week. Spoke to Mike, who was filling in for him. I was on the fence about a Trails West or maybe a Triton, and the conversation I had with Mike steered me away from Trails West. A salesman gets a chance to promote his product and maybe make a sale, well, he must not believe in what he sells/builds. My money is going to someone else.

Premium Features