• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which brand will generate the most over dressed parking lot poser?

Which brand will most likely generate a highly dressed poser

• Polaris

Votes: 288 16.8%
  • Artic Cat

Votes: 648 37.8%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 199 11.6%
  • Ski doo

Votes: 580 33.8%

• Total voters
A

aart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
i like laughing at the peeps riding with other brands clothes and sleds.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
posing is a blast. I sit there on a cool lookin MOD sled with all my klim gear on just outside my enclosed trailer revng the throttle until most of the parking lot is empty then I ride the trail down to the closest hangout and strut around, then I go back and putthe sleds hood up and act like I broke it doing some insane stunt, then I hang out striking poses and looking like a klim model only a really fat one! until the parking lot is empty, then I go home and search the internet for pictures then post them here.. I'm getting really good at it!

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I've never seen a "local" in my town wearing snowmobile brand related gear. Outside of maybe a boots or helmet. I've got a doo open face helmet, but it's just black wouldn't know it was a doo helmet unless you were familiar with it.

Not that there is anything wrong with wearing klim ect, but you can always spot who is from out of town, and who lives in town by what they are wearing.

Not sure why but I can't think of a single person I ride with, or see riding on a regular basis that has "snowmobile" attire, or a closed face helmet.

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
I hope your speaking in general terms. Because I do ride a dirt bike, infact I use to race. I own a turbo Yami and actually climb with it and no I don't wear a helmet on my harley and do wear a skull cap and no I'm not fat.:D

Take that a little personal did ya?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
dang that makes it tough! if someone isnt wearing cat, polaris, doo, yamaha, klim, fxr, arctiva, hmk, or scott then i guess they just went down to walmart and got some moon boots and one of those $12 grey puffy jackets that the uh..... homies wear.

Ridin wid da baggys an dey Raderz jakket, esee! Homzz:beer;:beer;

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
All you jerks are making me not want that ski-doo jacket for Christmas anymore. Jerks!

hahahahahaha! well its not that bigga deal wearing just the jacket, infact i think most normal people do. Its just the people that wear a complete set of one thing that looks kinda stupid

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
hahahahahaha! well its not that bigga deal wearing just the jacket, infact i think most normal people do. Its just the people that wear a complete set of one thing that looks kinda stupid

Well that's the problem. I've already got the skidoo bibs and yellow/black gloves. My current skidoo jacket has blue on it, but my sled and bibs don't. So I wanted to get the new black/yellow skidoo jacket because I would look so cool. (anyone want a 2XLT holeshot jacket?) But now I know all you jerks will be talking behind my back. Plus my budget is not cooperating due to purchasing a new house without selling the old one first. So my new 4-stroke XR turbo will be all that, minus the turbo. And that should be good for even more laughs from my so-called "friends." Jerks!

S

shell_guy

Jan 28, 2008
Red Deer, AB
I wear Klim pants, FXR boots and an orange FXR Jacket. I wear Klim pants becasue they keep me dry and are durable as hell, I wear them fomr riding, working on my sled, and snow boarding. They smell like race gas, are stained, and are still the best most comfortable pant I've worn. I wear an orange jacket purly for visibility and safety, I see no problem with people wearing quality branded sled wear as it does not make them a "poser". Wearing sled gear while drinking beer in a parking lot makes them a poser.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Ski-Doo and Cat IMO.

Without a doubt CAT... People that dont even ride snowmobiles seem to think they need their mad Monster jackets and Tucker Hibbert GARB. Yet they wouldn't know how to start a snowmobile let alone ride one. They follow that guy like hes is some sort of cult leader.

Also why is it that most Cat people are the most blind brand loyal people of all. With they way they talk you would think cat never made a bad sled in their entire history.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Up at Lake Elsina, near Seeley Lake, MT about 3 years ago I saw a guy pull up on a shiney new CMX....

He pulls up, pulls his tether, and before his sled could fully die down, he puts one hand on his hip and with the other hand he flips up the beak on his NMFH. I just about fell off my sled laughing so hard.

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
personally imo alot of people on here are jealous that some of us can afford to where nice gear that also keeps us dry and ride nice sleds at the same time!! As for locals not wearing "poser gear" Good friend of mine born and raised in Revy and still there rocks the KLIM gear cause it works and looks good!!! BTW it would be hard to look good on a 900 RMaK!! hahaha.. will never understand the likeing of that sled??? Party and ride like a rockstar!!!! :cool:

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
The way I see it.

Klim gear= the new yuppie;)

I spent twice as much as you!!!!!:rolleyes:

I bet P.J. Has some! LOL:D

And How many big a$$ X's can you put on your sled and clothes????????????

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
personally imo alot of people on here are jealous that some of us can afford to where nice gear that also keeps us dry and ride nice sleds at the same time!! As for locals not wearing "poser gear" Good friend of mine born and raised in Revy and still there rocks the KLIM gear cause it works and looks good!!! BTW it would be hard to look good on a 900 RMaK!! hahaha.. will never understand the likeing of that sled??? Party and ride like a rockstar!!!! :cool:

I'm not saying it's poser gear.. well tacky is tacky.. Neon, dayglo..wtf.. a black klim jacket isn't the end of the world. . You just don't see people who live in town wearing that stuff, maybe it's cause nobody sells it, maybe cause most of snowmobilers are also skiers and boarders and have one set of gear for everything, but some of the full boar gear you see reminds of those crazy one pieces you see on the ski hill

one-piece-ski-suits-7.jpg

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Getting a good laugh from this thread, last year four of us were riding at Macbride when one of the local guys starts up a conversation with us. He says oh yah I saw you guys out there riding, you were on the red sled, you were on the orange sled, you were on the black sled, and you were on the blue sled. I'm thinking wow this guy must have really been watching us ride cause we rock!!! Then we look at him in his ripped up old gear and look at each other in all our color matching gear and piss our selves laughing. Are we posers? ah! probably not but this guy could out ride us all because he does it all the time, and we drive six hours just to get there. And the Cat guys are are for sure the most brand loyal, poser guys out there. No way you could get me to wear a lime green or bright orange riding suit!!!

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Bahahah LMAO... I have to say ski doo. At least artic cat's crap looks good ski doo's just boring and ya'll are so proud of it.:D

lol what, I like that ski doo makes plain looking gear. It sure beats some of that insanse looking cat gear (and this is coming from a guy with an articat) Whenever I see that dayglow, and neon I start wondering what sort of mullet they are sporting, and if they have oakley razors

T

twistedtunnel

Dec 6, 2007
i guess if a person has the money to buy themselves a skidoo or arctic cat outfit i don't see a problem with it. It's there money why should you give a **** what everyone else wears. I personally got 2 cat coats and i wear $25 walmart pants for now. I invest mostly in gloves got Klim,TNA,Cabelas Pinnacle and some cheap KMart. Goggles and gloves are important. Boots also. If a guy is wearing a bright coat and helmet he will be alot easier to spot riding in the trees or for skidoo guys they have bright colors so they can be found when there broke down. common sense . like the one guy says it is better to support the manufacturers, but it is your money do what you want with it.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Up at Lake Elsina, near Seeley Lake, MT about 3 years ago I saw a guy pull up on a shiney new CMX....

He pulls up, pulls his tether, and before his sled could fully die down, he puts one hand on his hip and with the other hand he flips up the beak on his NMFH. I just about fell off my sled laughing so hard.

And I'm very disappointed that YOU of all people did NOT snap a photograph!:p

Prolly not jealousy, more like an entertainment value. It is funny to see peeps roll up decked out head to toe in brand loyal garb, whether it be Cat, Doo, Poo or Yammie. All good sled gear is spendy. If you wanna stay warm and dry, you pay for it. Doesn't matter who makes it. Klim, Slednecks, Motorfist, or any other quality outer wear, you pay a premium.

The way I see it.

Klim gear= the new yuppie;)

I spent twice as much as you!!!!!:rolleyes:

I bet P.J. Has some! LOL:D

And How many big a$$ X's can you put on your sled and clothes????????????

I do.:D I had a brother who worked for a shop so PJ got a sweeeeeeeeet discount.:D:D:beer;:beer; What you paid for one set of bibs, I got 2 complete sets. One for me and one for the wifey. Cheers. I was lucky enough to get in on Klim before they started manufacturing overseas so no warranty issues for me.

No X's on my sled or clothes.:D

Premium Features