• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need clutching help....Silber Pro rmk spiking rpm at throttle stab

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
It causes it to hit the limiter and cut out just on the on off stab of the throttle. If I am slower with the stab, its fine. 2014 pro rmk 163 with silber external, stock gearing, 7lb spring 9-10000 foot elevation, 91 pump with a splash of av. I have 72 gram rooster weights with the weight spread 5grams in the heal 2 in the middle 42-46 helix, pink primary spring and black green secondary spring that came with the kit Runs great otherwise with the latest flash. I cant add an more weight to the heal without going to the those heavy 3.5g washers Corey had me check my belt which is good. Running 8200 rpm. Clutches dont have any noticable belt marks on them. Was thinking of trying the black purple secondary spring or a steeper intial helix angle. Anybody have any other ideas to try?

Last edited:

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Just a thought but a belt can get "glazed" and look fine but may slip in the primary. Also check primary spring is not broken (have seen the first coil of the spring brake and make clutch act weird.)

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Yeah I checked that... Has done it from the start and switched to a new broke in belt and had the same thing. Sheave to belt clearance is good too.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
so you can be riding along and full throttle and it over revs ?
or from a dead stop ? or both?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
From both a dead stop and if going along playing in the trees... hard off and on throttle hits. It misses and pops. Nothing at full throtte and nothing after the initial stab of the throttle after letting off. Ive recorded it over revving... so the belt has to be slipping or the motor isnt being loaded enough at those times?

Last edited:

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
It causes it to hit the limiter and cut out just on the on off stab of the throttle. If I am slower with the stab, its fine. 2014 pro rmk 163 with silber external, stock gearing, 7lb spring 9-10000 foot elevation, 91 pump with a splash of av. I have 72 gram rooster weights with the weight spread 5grams in the heal 2 in the middle 42-46 helix, pink primary spring and black green secondary spring that came with the kit Runs great otherwise with the latest flash. I cant add an more weight to the heal without going to the those heavy 3.5g washers Corey had me check my belt which is good. Running 8200 rpm. Clutches dont have any noticable belt marks on them. Was thinking of trying the black purple secondary spring or a steeper intial helix angle. Anybody have any other ideas to try?

When you say a splash of AV fuel, how much is that?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Even if I'm not hitting the limiter holding it at full throttle? I was hitting a max of 8200 at full throttle like 8150 running full throttle. Forgot to mention, it did the same thing with 3.5 grams in every hole to make it 75.5 grams at 9-10000 feet but my rpms were too low with that much weight. Still acted the same on the throttle stab.

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
You sure your clutches are clean and functioning properly? It sounds like one of two things. Clutches are binding somewhere (not shifting out) or your belt is slipping.

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Clutches look good, cant find anything binding. They worked great before the turbo install, so I dont think its the clutches. Running the stock 115 belt. I think I need more pressure on the belt. I dont think its holding the power at the stab. As soon as it builds a little boost on the stab it over revs. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming...

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
Yeah try loading the weight more evenly
Then you can stay near the weight you already have
If you pack tools that's something you can test on the hill

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Yeah, that was my initial setup weighted evenly at 75.5, 3 red screws, grams which was too heavy and under revving at full throttle

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I would personally run the orange spring and then you may be able to run the same weight but evenly or tip heavy.

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have the same sled as you. Silber external waste gate and reflash. I was supplied the same clutch components as you except i got SSI weights. I am at 6-7 thousand feet. 50/50 av to 91. 76.5 grams of weight slightly center heavy. I did not like the pink spring. Went to polaris almond red. Black green in secondary 42/46 helix 20 thou sheave clearance and running the deflection a little tighter. Also running the Gates carbon belt. Engagement 4000 to 4100 rpm. 2:41 gearing. Running very well. Pulls hard.That being said i am about to try TRS's setup. Waiting on parts.:face-icon-small-hap

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
So did u ever have that over rev problem? What was the pink spring doing for u? That spring will make me upshift quicker?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Lower engagement and slightly less finish rate that may make your even weighted set up work good.

Premium Features