• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Site very slow lately

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have enabled the NO-ADS feature for the following members.

nosajlleb
POLZIN
TJ427
Polarisrocks
Cosarguy
TS Drag Racer
capulin overdrive
sled_guy
diggerdown

Please let me know if that makes any difference.
If yes, then we can nail this down to the ad server at Harris and get it resolved.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Just opened up the site again and the ads have disappeared and everything is working very fast! It did not open to the home page, it opened on the forum index. Hope it keeps working like this, I can even type now!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just opened up the site again and the ads have disappeared and everything is working very fast! It did not open to the home page, it opened on the forum index. Hope it keeps working like this, I can even type now!!
So that is the first solid evidence that it might in fact be the Harris Ad Server that is causing the problem.
Waiting to hear back from them.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
Since I am such a geek I ran some more tests on the forum.

admgt.manwaringweb.com times out all the time. When it doesn't time out (the ads actually load properly), the page size is huge - over 5 MB. So my guess is there is something wrong with that server.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dMcj47/http://www.snowest.com/forum/index.php

And just incase any one else is board and likes geeky crap ^^^^ click the link. :becky:

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
I too have been wondering what the deal was. Have been wondering if I had a computer problem. Works great on my phone, which I hate to use. but my PC is worthless. Let's get it fixed Christopher, im having withdrawals. Lol

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
Funny, reading all these post about the site being so SLOW. :lol:

I guess I was the first one to bring this problem to Chris's attention with an email I sent him a week or so ago. He promptly responded back to me the next day saying that this was the first he had heard of any problems with the website being slow and it must be something on my end and not SW.:noidea:

Good to hear it's just not me having problems. Now would you please remove all those adds for me too? :help:

Premium Features