• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No talk or reviews on the big bores and strokers?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Is anybody else in your group running this set-up?

I'm real curious how this performs. Did you buy a new mono, cases, crank, and exhaust valves so you could go back to stock just in case?

As for the 3.2" Do you have Quickdrive? Are you running stock drivers or??? How's the Clearance?

Ahh...I see you answered my question on the purchase of the spare parts.

Is Bikeman using a Wossner piston for the 860?

- No, I'm the only big bore Polaris.

- The spare engine has nothing to do with going back to "stock" as it won't be stock. It's just a spare engine with BMP durability piston kit, SLP 8K+ heads, and the BMP stage 3 tune on my Bully Dog, all of which I already have from last season.

-
Yes, I have the Quick Drive using the Axys pulleys. I'm running Avid 7T 3" drivers on a steel drive shaft for a 2.12 final ratio. The clearance is good.

-
Yes, Wossner for all of their Polaris 800CFI/HO & big bore pistons that I know of.

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
tatersporting 660 ,860 ,962 all rip have a vid of the 962 runnin head to head with a silber turbo 800

He has a 910 now as well as the 962 for the Poo 800CFI/HO.

I seriously considered going with his 910 this summer, but he didn't have much tuning done for the 800HO at that time as they were focusing on getting the 962 dialed in. The main reason I went with BMP was they use the Bully Dog to flash the ECU instead of using a PC-V or the other fuel controller box (Boondocker I believe). So much more tuning can be done with the Bully Dog to gain more power, turn up the Axys oil pump output, timing, warm weather running and so on. I do believe his/their 910 or 962 would absolutely rip and shock some turbo guys.

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
You guys probably won't get a lot of feedback on my 962s and 910s.
Most of my customers are pretty secretive bout their setups.
These are not mass produced kits that you can just order up, bolt on and ride in a couple weeks.
There is an extensive amount of machine work, porting etc involved that has to be extremely precise in order to make power and have a durable motor. Each one is blueprinted during assembly to be sure they are right hence they're limited in number of builds.
The other side of things is peeps being worried bout having a plug and play fuel map and clutching. These are actually very easy motors to tune but you need to be proficient with some clutch tuning and what ever fuel programmer you choose to use and or willing to learn.
That being said, these motors actually exceeded my expectations. They're running stock compression ratios, my 962 has a modified stock pipe, Jadd has experimented with some aftermarket single pipes with good results and they run more like I thought they would with compression, timing and twin pipes.
I've got enough saddle time on my 962 now to tell you I'd never trade it for a turbo, it's a lot more fun to ride with the instant throttle response. This thing has a power band similar to stock, just more pull all the way through and at 10,000 ft has been neck and neck with 7lb turbos.
There's only 15 to 20 guys that I know of that have pulled the trigger on these motors. Maybe some will chime in. I'd like to hear some of their opinions also.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'll have a build project thread soon. Been to busy to get it posted up.

I'm getting my numbers and set up dialed.
I've gotten one ride at elevation, but so far my T8rz Porting and Performance 910 feels really good.

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I've got enough saddle time on my 962 now to tell you I'd never trade it for a turbo, it's a lot more fun to ride with the instant throttle response. This thing has a power band similar to stock, just more pull all the way through and at 10,000 ft has been neck and neck with 7lb turbos.
There's only 15 to 20 guys that I know of that have pulled the trigger on these motors. Maybe some will chime in. I'd like to hear some of their opinions also.

Love to see talk of strong NA motors, but the math here doesn't add up. A motor is more or less an air pump. Stroking/boring the motor, allows the motor to "pump more air" but its still not going to compare to the volume (of air) a turbo sled at 7psi can "digest".

A great example is how minor the *real* power difference is between Ski-Doos E-TEC 800 and 850. Its there, but its not game changing (I'm talking dyno results, not "my friend told me so")

Put another way, no way these big bores are putting out an additional 70+ horse at 10,000 feet to contend with a well built turbo sled.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Love to see talk of strong NA motors, but the math here doesn't add up. A motor is more or less an air pump. Stroking/boring the motor, allows the motor to "pump more air" but its still not going to compare to the volume (of air) a turbo sled at 7psi can "digest".

A great example is how minor the *real* power difference is between Ski-Doos E-TEC 800 and 850. Its there, but its not game changing (I'm talking dyno results, not "my friend told me so")

Put another way, no way these big bores are putting out an additional 70+ horse at 10,000 feet to contend with a well built turbo sled.

You know your talking to a guy who has tried EVERYTHING in a two stroke, right?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
You know your talking to a guy who has tried EVERYTHING in a two stroke, right?

Sorry Scott, we agree on most everything, but not your quote. Wayde hasnt tried, he has succeeded. If there is anyone who can compare a good running turbo vs BB, it's Wayde. A few others pop into mind but Wayde would in the top three for sure.

JJ have you seen the vid? It's all over FB. On a straight run EVENTUALLY the turbo will run away. The pull they make is a pretty good run and it's about a dead heat. The turbo has a coupled suspension which you can see is a advantage. Trees tighter than a ducks butt, that big bore would be a ball.

Plus it runs a stock pipe and silencer... SLEEPER!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sorry Scott, we agree on most everything, but not your quote. Wayde hasnt tried, he has succeeded. If there is anyone who can compare a good running turbo vs BB, it's Wayde. A few others pop into mind but Wayde would in the top three for sure.

Surely I understated.
Lol

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado

JJ have you seen the vid? It's all over FB. On a straight run EVENTUALLY the turbo will run away. The pull they make is a pretty good run and it's about a dead heat. The turbo has a coupled suspension which you can see is a advantage. Trees tighter than a ducks butt, that big bore would be a ball.

It's a good pull? How do you know? Were you there? You cant tell crap in a video.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Which video do you want to see? The one that favors the turbo or the one that favors the 962? Video is about as clear as muddy water.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I can analyze a vid just fine..... I don't need any help thanks. I have been involved in many situations like that and can be fair and unbiased.

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I can analyze a vid just fine..... I don't need any help thanks. I have been involved in many situations like that and can be fair and unbiased.

From you analytical skills can you tell me the setup of each sled? Degree of slope? If both sleds took off on packed snow? How do you know on is coupled and the other isn't? I'm truly impressed with your capabilities right now.

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
I don't really want to start a p!$$n match but air volume just doesn't compete by itself. It's more about efficiency and harnessing the energy that's normally being wasted.
JJ, your right about 1 thing, and that's the amount of air volume moved through the engine. Problem is, all that excess volume is useless when it's not used in the combustion cycle. You work on the efficiency of your turbo motor you'll make more power with less boost.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID

The lightweight sleeper aspect is very appealing for the BB!!

For a comparison we need to get a video that shows those sleds drag racing up a smooth fairly steep hill at elevation. Say 7-9kft. If the BB held its own there I'd be up for selling them turbo to get a bb.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
From you analytical skills can you tell me the setup of each sled? Degree of slope? If both sleds took off on packed snow? How do you know on is coupled and the other isn't? I'm truly impressed with your capabilities right now.

You should be impressed. I am freakin Paul Harvey...... Always have the rest of the story.....:face-icon-small-win

SC.... All I was saying was it was prett evident the 962 runs very well.

Last edited:
Premium Features