• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No talk or reviews on the big bores and strokers?

M
Jan 22, 2008
Where is all the reviews at on the big bore motors and strokers available for the 800HO ....there has got to be some of these on snow.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Havent reaLly heard anything, people either do pipes or turbos. Doesnt seem to be much else

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

M
Jan 22, 2008

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I am considering the 840 stroker setup but Ted is a tough guy to get ahold of. I emailed him last week asking if I could buy his billet head now and if it would work with the stroker setup that I planned on doing when he was less busy.....no response

Doesnt make you feel all warm and fuzzy when you cant get an email response going on a week later
If you search around you will find very mixed reviews on terralps from great to horrible.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
cant remember who it was but they did a great right up on one, its in the posts but in the end BBs loose so much HP in high elevations and turbos don't!! the turbos are getting better and better and with no tune! big bores are just fading out. same thing happened to carbs. tek is just progressing :D !! their are some BB out their but at elevation the turbos are just smoking them and cost about the same after all is said and done

M
Jan 22, 2008
cant remember who it was but they did a great right up on one, its in the posts but in the end BBs loose so much HP in high elevations and turbos don't!! the turbos are getting better and better and with no tune! big bores are just fading out. same thing happened to carbs. tek is just progressing :D !! their are some BB out their but at elevation the turbos are just smoking them and cost about the same after all is said and done

I'm a flatlander and while I've had many turbo sleds I dont think I want to try flatlanding a turbo 2 stroke just yet. I would however like to add another 25 hp to this axys switchback I bought. I love the sled and the motor is really nice. I'm just used to much more power.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Search T8RZ porting in Facebook, he teamed up with stroker customs to build a 910 and 962. They seem happy with the final product but I haven't seen any reviews from customers yet.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I'm a flatlander and while I've had many turbo sleds I dont think I want to try flatlanding a turbo 2 stroke just yet. I would however like to add another 25 hp to this axys switchback I bought. I love the sled and the motor is really nice. I'm just used to much more power.

For a flatlander sled, Big bores rule!

The Carls 910 in my '04 pro-xr makes me grin every time i ride it!!!!

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI

Well a pipe will get you about 1/2 there for a FRACTION of the cost. Just food for thought...

T
Aug 8, 2011
We have an Axys 163 3 inch. 870 kit we did in house, Jaws pipe, ported top to bottom. Thing is a gosh darn rocket and an unreal hoot to ride! Big bore reduced piston weight by 8 percent, couple that with the ho light crank and its way way fun. There is hidden power in this engine.

I love turbos just like everyone else but if you aren't running 10 lbs this sled is way way more fun and a destroyer of every techy tree patch you come too!!!

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin

If u do BMP pipe ypipe head durability kit and bully dog GT tuner gonna be right in the neighborhood of 180-185 HP just food for thought and the GT tuner is awesome have pipe head ypipe on 16 rmk and runs flawless all the time

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Today was my 2nd ride with the BMP 860 kit. So far I'm very pleased with the output. I'm still working on some secondary clutching (A Tied) but I'm really close to getting it dialed in. The price wasn't that bad, but I already had the following BMP items:
1) Pipe
2) Can
3) Bully Dog
4) cylinder Shim & longer cylinder bolts
5) Goldstar weights

I also did all the removal, tear down, partial reassembly, and installation myself. I had SLP true and assemble the crank back into the cases.

Now the cost did go up due to last spring I bought a new cylinder block and this summer I bought new cases & exhaust vales for the 860 and just got a new crank for the original cases. In a week or so I'll have a 95% assembled spare 800HO just in case something bad happens.

Edit: It's spinning a 3.2" track this season as well.

Last edited:
W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
Well a pipe will get you about 1/2 there for a FRACTION of the cost. Just food for thought...

Most pipes offer mental horsepower for a reasonable dollar. Big bores offer real horsepower for big bucks. Unlike a pipe, your big bore won't leave you wondering if you wasted your cash. Been there, done that.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Today was my 2nd ride with the BMP 860 kit. So far I'm very pleased with the output. I'm still working on some secondary clutching (A Tied) but I'm really close to getting it dialed in. The price wasn't that bad, but I already had the following BMP items:
1) Pipe
2) Can
3) Bully Dog
4) cylinder Shim & longer cylinder bolts
5) Goldstar weights

I also did all the removal, tear down, partial reassembly, and installation myself. I had SLP true and assemble the crank back into the cases.

Now the cost did go up due to last spring I bought a new cylinder block and this summer I bought new cases & exhaust vales for the 860 and just got a new crank for the original cases. In a week or so I'll have a 95% assembled spare 800HO just in case something bad happens.

Edit: It's spinning a 3.2" track this season as well.

Is anybody else in your group running this set-up?

I'm real curious how this performs. Did you buy a new mono, cases, crank, and exhaust valves so you could go back to stock just in case?

As for the 3.2" Do you have Quickdrive? Are you running stock drivers or??? How's the Clearance?

Ahh...I see you answered my question on the purchase of the spare parts.

Is Bikeman using a Wossner piston for the 860?

Premium Features