• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Memes for today

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Patriotically Correct

I'm sure this will rile things up a little.

This to me is Patriotically correct & What makes America America. Also its what would make America Great again.

Liberty-Enlightening-the-World2.jpg

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (November 2, 1883)

Huddled masses yearning to breathe free are what made us. 65 million refugees in the world. That's 1 out of 100 people roughly.
US Population is 5 out of 100 people in the world, roughly. Obama had the nerve to "increase" the amount of refugees we accept per year up to a whopping 110,000. Proportionally speaking, if the US were to take its share of refugees based strictly upon global populations, we should accept 3,250,000 of those refugees. DJT Decresed that 110,000 to 45,000. So instead of the proportionally speaking number I named above, we are accepting less than 7 one hundreths of a percent of the worlds refugees, saying nothing about how many have become refugees through wars we have instigated or at least participated in.

So 3.25 million sounds like a lot. Divvy is up among 50 states, you're looking at 65,000 per state. Its like taking a city the size of Idaho Falls worth of refugees & sticking it in each state. Oh... might that boost the economy? Might we be acting like Christians?

No, instead we accept less than a thousand per state. How preposterous is that?

My rant for the day. I'll probably flesh it out a bit more one of these days & start a new thread, but hey...

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'm sure this will rile things up a little.

This to me is Patriotically correct & What makes America America. Also its what would make America Great again.

Liberty-Enlightening-the-World2.jpg

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (November 2, 1883)

Huddled masses yearning to breathe free are what made us. 65 million refugees in the world. That's 1 out of 100 people roughly.
US Population is 5 out of 100 people in the world, roughly. Obama had the nerve to "increase" the amount of refugees we accept per year up to a whopping 110,000. Proportionally speaking, if the US were to take its share of refugees based strictly upon global populations, we should accept 3,250,000 of those refugees. DJT Decresed that 110,000 to 45,000. So instead of the proportionally speaking number I named above, we are accepting less than 7 one hundreths of a percent of the worlds refugees, saying nothing about how many have become refugees through wars we have instigated or at least participated in.

So 3.25 million sounds like a lot. Divvy is up among 50 states, you're looking at 65,000 per state. Its like taking a city the size of Idaho Falls worth of refugees & sticking it in each state. Oh... might that boost the economy? Might we be acting like Christians?

No, instead we accept less than a thousand per state. How preposterous is that?

My rant for the day. I'll probably flesh it out a bit more one of these days & start a new thread, but hey...

Here is the problem with your rant....

DNgMinrV4AAcGih.jpg

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
The real problem

Here is the problem with your rant....

Part of the REAL problem people don't want to face is why they see current America as the enemy. Here's a few:
Being the richest country on the planet, not giving a (*&^%(*& about the rest of the planet,vilifying an entire group of people based on the actions of a few or one. Wreaking havoc in all of the middle east with "nation building" & "regime Change." Drones. It goes on & on.

I stand by my post that the solution to a many of the worlds problems is to embrace the refugee population & learn from each other. When we see everything on a continuum of us & them all it does is create more animosity on both sides.

This guy moved to the US legally in 2010, from Uzbekistan, a country that didn't make DJT's list (though I'm sure he'll add it now). Could it be that living in a country that is led by a man who has repeatedly called for a ban on all muslims might have had something to do with the radicalization he experienced?

I'm not one for big government or gun control, but why is it ok for Trump to call for stricter immigration laws after this tragedy, but it wasn't ok for folks to call for stricter gun laws after the Las Vegas thing last month?

Last edited:
Premium Features