• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 Polaris Mod Sled...very Nice

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Details:

I built this sled with the expert help of Brady Cambern of Jagged Edge Customs (formerly of Tison Performance and Monster Garage fame)

2001 RMK 800 Snow Check Special

MOTOR:
800 Twin...never had an engine failure and Low miles when rebuilt
New Polaris Coated Pistons
Bottom end built by Allsport Polaris with their double wide bearing modification
Cylinders ported by Doug Ruth (formerly of Union Bay Racing)
V-Force 3 Reeds
Kickass Air Filters with Pre- Filters
CPI Chrome Twin Pipes
Superwires
2003 Perc Ignition
Fantom Pull Rope
Team Secondary Clutch with ER Helix

CHASSIS:
Raised 2" Bulkead to fit 2" taller Vanamburg Tunnel with Fishbones
Full U-Cooler
M-10 Rear Skid 141" with Big Wheel extensions to 151"
Clear Performance Billet/Urethane wheels (Total of 7)
Ride FX Adjustable Reservoir Rear Shocks
Custom made full length Suspension Mount / Tunnel Stiffeners
Tison Perforfance Drop and Rolled Chaincase w/ all new bearings 19/41 gearing and 76 pitch HYVO chain
9-Tooth Extroverts
151" Camoplast Series 4 Track
Holz Ice Scratchers
Tison Performance Lightweight Trailing Arms
Axis Reservoir Front Shocks with Ti Springs
Billet Steering Rack
Simmons Skis
Kick *** Mesh Hood (Aluminum Tube Frame...Very Strong)
Tison Performance Chrome Moly Steering Post
Tison Performance Upper and Lower Billet Post Bearings
Tison Performance Chrome Moly Steering Hoop
Tison Performance Chrome Moly Handlebars

OTHER:
AMP Billet Fuel Cap
Brand New Clear Fuel Tank
AMP Billet Oil Cap
Clear Performance Billet Pull Handle
Wimpy's Billet Choke Lever
Boss Hi-Rise Flat Top Seat
Digitron DT53 RJE2W
Cobra Windshield
Sportech Handgaurds
Tether Switch
CKX WIndshield Bag
PIAA 1100X Dichroic Headlamps
Spider Grips
Gravity Worx Left Hand Throttle
and more.

This sled was built in late 2005 and early 2006 and I only have seven rides on it. I ended up moving farther away from the mountains and don't use it much. Entire sled has very low miles on it since new and has never been wrecked. I built this sled for good usable horsepower, yet wanted the very best in reliability. Runs on pump gas and I only use Blue Marble oil. The sled has never let me down,has awesome power, sounds great, and is a thrill to ride. Plus it's a real eye catcher if you want to be a PLP. Lots of polished aluminum and powder coating.

Asking $7000 You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Trying to get pictures up.

a>

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Also, I have an offer on the rolling chassis. Anyone out there put up an offer on the motor with pipes, clutch, carbs, cdi etc.?? I'll see if it's worth while seperating.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Lots of 'one-of-a-kind' custom made parts, with particular attention to detail.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Package Deal

Here's the deal:

Currently the sled has the factory trailing arms with front fox shocks (Snow Check Special). You will get those as well as the Tison Performance Lightweight trailing arms (with Heim Joints) with Axis Shocks and Ti Springs ($1200 Value) but I don't have the radius rods or steering rods for these (contact Wimpy, he'll get ya a set). I do have the nice tapered machined aluminum spacers(new) and new bushings. Currently the factory black tank is installed on the sled. You will get that plus a brand new, never installed Polaris clear tank. The Gravity Worx Left Hand Throttle is brand new and still in the bag. Also currently installed on the sled is the black and white Gen II windshield (modified to fit hood) you see in the pictures. It is cracked on the lower right hand corner. I am also including a brand new Sportech Cobra Red Chrome windshield that fits the edge chassis. This will have to be modified or an adapter installed (such as R&M Lightning) to fit this hood (but it will look real cool with red chrome handgaurds).

Other items I will throw in are:
4 galllons of Blue Marble Oil
Stock Steering Hoop
Snobunjie
Stock Steering Rack
Belts-2 new, 4 used
Tow Buddy (goes under your buddies track when he breaks down so you can tow him out)
2 pair of Ski Boots (plastic boots that strap under your skis to protect your floor)
The original Pistons that I took out of the motor (excellent condition with 1678 miles on them).
Red Polaris Handlebar Grab Handle
6 factory bogie wheels
Polaris Tunnel bag with foam 6 pack divider.
Brand new adhesive pad that goes under the tunnel bag
Original Stock Polaris Hood (Red Snow Check Special with Snow Graphics{includes all guages and windshield etc} almost like new)
Vinyl Dust Cover
Polaris Cloth Hood Cover (goes between hood and sled cover to prevent scratching the hood)
Factory Polaris Sled Cover (like new, fits stock 144 chassis, to short and not tall enough to fit sled now, but I will also include another faded cover that can be used to custom make a cover that will fit the length as well as the extra tall handlebars).
Team 58-42-46-ER Helix
Extra Chaincase Gears and misc Chains.
Brand New Extra Pair of Holz Ice Scratchers
Long Snow Flap (almost touches ground)
Digitron Software and brand new Jackshaft Speed Sensor
other misc small parts

All of this for $7000 firm. That's a smokin' deal.

Last edited:
H
Dec 1, 2007
If only it were spring!!!!!!!!!

Damn I wish it was spring!!!!!! Totaled my ride 2 winters ago and wifey has made me wait until this spring to get a new sled. In my opinion that is a beautiful sled. It doesn't look stock but yet it still looks like a snowmobile also. At $7000 grand I would probably take it off your hands tomorrow. If you find no takers drop me a PM and we can talk. Once again welldone.

holman6336

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Odessa/Spokane WA
Great Sled

Ok everyone,
This guy takes really good care of his sleds. The sled I bought from him was one of the cleanist sleds that I have ever seen. Not to mention that the work he does is truly amazing!!!!! Great sled Snodawg!!!!:)

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Thanks for the compliments. I'm a little puzzled myself. This sled is like new, has tons of custom goodies, for thousands less than what they want for a new ride. Go Figure???:confused:

I'd keep it, but need to sell so I can get started on my new business adventure.:rolleyes::D

H
Dec 1, 2007
Let me think??????

How bout I just ride it until the spring and get the money to ya then!!!!!!!! I will even come pick it up where your at so you don't have to travel a bit. God that sounds like a really good deal to me.:) Seriously though if your not able to sell in the next month or so I am very serious about taking it off your hands.

Premium Features