• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shipping

D
Dec 5, 2010
Kenai, AK
I don't know if this is where I post this but I'll give it a try. I live on kenai and was wondering if anybody has shipped a sled from washington or Oregon to anchorage, or from here to there. A long track sled at least a 151 for "about" figures for a 162" m series. Know a good company? Or shippig price you paid. I want to ship a sled down next christmas to ride with family then shop it back after the holidays.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
you can use lynden to ship it from port of anchorage to their port outside tacoma. It takes about 4-5 days of sea time. Or, for less you can use Northland which is a barge company. That will take at least 2 weeks. They put it on a train in anchorage and then ship it down to whittier and put it on a barge from there. I paid $300 to ship a pallet of 4x8x4 of ikea furniture from seattle to anchorage using lynden. It will probably be less going southbound than going northbound.

Evan

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I don't know if this is where I post this but I'll give it a try. I live on kenai and was wondering if anybody has shipped a sled from washington or Oregon to anchorage, or from here to there. A long track sled at least a 151 for "about" figures for a 162" m series. Know a good company? Or shippig price you paid. I want to ship a sled down next christmas to ride with family then shop it back after the holidays.

Ive been making the drive for the last 4 years, I might be able to haul the sled down 4 you. Shoot me a pm when your wanting to ship your sled and I might be able to help you out I live in soldotna when Im not working in the seattle area.

S
Feb 3, 2010
Sutton, AK
Ive been making the drive for the last 4 years, I might be able to haul the sled down 4 you. Shoot me a pm when your wanting to ship your sled and I might be able to help you out I live in soldotna when Im not working in the seattle area.

Nice jester....that is what makes ALASKAN's special !!! :grouphug:

Premium Features