• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: New High Speed Servers ONLINE!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
seems alot faster tonight. this morning it was bogged down a bit bit this is the fastest i have seen it at night in a long time.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Odd.
Our numbers suggest we are quite a bit faster than before.
Are you experiencing a slowdown of any kind?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Odd.
Our numbers suggest we are quite a bit faster than before.
Are you experiencing a slowdown of any kind?

christopher right now mine takes 3-5 seconds to load a page..yet on other forums right now they load in 1-2 seconds..just so you know....

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
bb40faf0.jpg

AWESOME SERVERS!!!

polaris bob

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
Still slow as heck for me. Yesterday was so bad I just logged off because of the long delays in page loading. Tried it many time thru-out the day, always the same result. 5-10 second page loads, tried it on different computers also.

Also not getting E-mail notification of PM's.

Edit, this post took 15 seconds to even post/ load up.

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
IE may be your culprit?

I use firefox for all browsing & am getting 2 second page loads today (which I think is as good or better than before). Just for comparison, I logged in using internet explorer and it took an 3-4 seconds to load the same exact pages. The header & advertising loads in 1 sec & then it takes another 3 sec or so to get the thread text. Could it be an IE "bloated browser" issue some are having?

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
This past few days have been brutally slow. I thought maybe it was my home computer, but I'm sitting at work right now and had to wait the same 10-15 seconds per page.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
Jorgy, ever do a trace route using visualroute 2010 to see if there is a router between you and snowest causing a problem. Currently there is one router on my route to snowest that is experiencing up 14% packet loses.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Right now this page is taking me 3.5 seconds to load on a 128K DSL line.

Posting of this reply took 4 seconds for the final post to be displayed on my screen.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Those pings & traceroutes often only evaluate the control plane of the router - the forwarding engine can be completely healthy while the RE drops traffic. Unless you have access to look at the port stats it's has become a crude tool at best.

;-)

MD.

Jorgy, ever do a trace route using visualroute 2010 to see if there is a router between you and snowest causing a problem. Currently there is one router on my route to snowest that is experiencing up 14% packet loses.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Those pings & traceroutes often only evaluate the control plane of the router - the forwarding engine can be completely healthy while the RE drops traffic. Unless you have access to look at the port stats it's has become a crude tool at best.

;-)

MD.

LOL

ogre.jpg

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Right now this page is taking me 3.5 seconds to load on a 128K DSL line.

Posting of this reply took 4 seconds for the final post to be displayed on my screen.

but its unlikely you will be paying a subscription so it is redundant what speeds you have...i think the gentleman that has issues is a potential subscriber...so i would be looking at his issues rather then talking about your none issues...but hey that is the common sense approach to customer service so i really should not have to post this..

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
After months of waiting, our new High-Speed Internet servers went online Sunday Night at 9:00PM MDT.

So far as we can tell, everything is working smoothly and we have seen a significant increase in over all performance, just as expected.

As the week progresses we will begin activating the various items that were listed a few weeks ago.

Thanks for being so patient and allowing us to solve this issue properly!

Are they plugged in??????

;)

Premium Features