• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FINALLY: COMPLETE, REASONABLY PRICED, "KIT" FOR LORDS ADHESIVE AND AN ALTERNATIVE

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If it is a warranty repair... your dealer can only use Polaris provided adhesive... by the book.

Fusor 111B the smaller size... Amazon has the adhesive and the 50ml gun from the same supplier (auto body mart)

Make sure you get the application tips.

Did you call Chemical Concepts to see if they have the product to send to you overnight?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
So is the Fusor 110 b the way to go? My dip**** dealer can't get any glue and I wanna ride. Amazon has it gonna overnight whatever I need. Anyone got any quick ideas?

My local Napa got mine here next day. No freight costs. Guessing warranty for you is not an issue or the dealer should have it available. Good luck!

O

overboard

Shipping options

I just ordered the SM2 (thx for the homework MtnH).
"Andrew" gave me the option to go:
1. UPS
2. USPS
3. Fed-Ex.
And this is to Canada. Hopefully my choice of USPS gets ok'd as UPS is such a pain financially.

Bad news is that he told me that was the last one in stock for the moment.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
1. UPS
2. USPS
3. Fed-Ex.
And this is to Canada. Hopefully my choice of USPS gets ok'd as UPS is such a pain financially.

That is good news, USPS was not an option before. The other two are complete robbery to AK also. Nearly as bad as to Canada. I had to resort to Fusor from the local NAPA as a result in the past.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I have had a lot of parts shipped from the States and 98 percent USPS and they have been fantastic..

O

overboard

1. UPS
2. USPS
3. Fed-Ex.

Doh ! Nov 6 - even more bad news. Andrew called me back and told me no USPS as it is classiifed as some sort of hazardous material. I can just imagine what Ill pay for UPS.
In the end probably still cheaper than the 260.00 dealer quoted me - no gun, 50 ml.

D
Nov 14, 2013
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...0000_nid=N4G9TNRDW4gsQH8HT14PGTglPM4Q9HDBRCbl

Two-part epoxy used to bond steel, aluminum, SMC, and FRP (traditional fiberglass). The primary use is to replace quarter panels, roofs, box sides, van sides, utility vehicle sides and door skins. Meets GM 6449G & Chrysler MS-CD 507.

The GM 6449G is the same standard the Lords meets. I have used this product in the past for glueing panels, tough stuff

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Thank you for posting that up.

What is the cost comparison Gun/aplicator/tips?

What is the temperature range?

What is the 3m prescribed prep?

Is this a structural adhesive?

Can it be heat-released at lower temps?

D
Nov 14, 2013

Applicator Gun
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Auto-Mix-Adhesive-Applicator-Gun/dp/B000K42KJ0

Package deal on amazon looks to be $80.

3M™ Automix™ Panel Bonding Adhesive is a two part adhesive designed to bond
steel, aluminum, SMC and FRP. When used according to directions, 3M™ Automix™
Panel Bonding Adhesive may be used in the replacement of automotive doorskins,
quarter panels, box sides, van sides, roofs, and other outer body sheet metal.
DO NOT USE on structural components such as rails, pillars, rocker panels,
core supports, etc..
1. Remove all paint and rust from surfaces to be bonded using a 36 or 50 grit 3M™ Abrasive Disc.
2. Straighten all metal, and “dry-fit” part.
3. Clamp part in place and check for fit and alignment.
4. Remove panel from vehicle.
5. Use 3M™ General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner (PN 08984, 08986 or 08987) to remove any grease, wax
and/or tar from surface to be bonded. Read manufacturer’s hazard communication and follow manufacturer’s
recommended guidelines for safe handling of the above chemical products.*
6. Place adhesive cartridge in applicator gun.
7. Remove end seal cap from adhesive cartridge.
8. Dispense just enough adhesive to be sure that both parts A and B are present.
9. Attach 3M™ Mixing Nozzle (PN 08193) to cartridge and lock in place with
retaining collar.
10. You may cut end of mixing nozzle to provide desired bead size.
11. Apply adhesive to all areas to be bonded (all bare metal surfaces). Using a plastic spreader, tool out the
adhesive to cover all bare metal surfaces.
12. Apply an adhesive bead approximately 1/4” from the inside edge of the
replacement panel.

D
Nov 14, 2013

Gun is $40
Adhesive is $35
Tips are $10

Temp range I do no know, but for use in the auto industry it has to be able to take the cold we see on sleds.

Prep listed above

They recommend it as a 'non' structural adhesive.

It meets the same requirements of the off the shelf Lord products listed, I think it is very comparable.

I looked through their other documentation and I did not find an answer for a minimum working temp for this product.

It is readily available at any body shop supply store that carries 3m. Hence why I posted it. Oh and I have the gun and tips...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
If you are using this stuff and still have some left in the tube... Make SURE you take the mixing tip off QUICKLY after use... and throw it away. If not... the whole tube will be tainted. Clean the cap with acetone or similar, wipe tip of the tube clean (making sure you don't draw the catalyst into the mix) and refrigerate the tube... should be good for a week or so.

You will need to use new tips every time.

All that being said... Don't plan to keep or store this stuff for long periods of time... it does not have long term shelf life.

Premium Features