• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys intermittently runs on one cylinder

C
Oct 30, 2016
When full throttle it will cut back to what seems to be one cylinder for a couple seconds then picks back up to two. It won’t do it every time and when it does it doesn’t throw any engine codes. Also every now and then when at low rpm it will cut out to one cylinder and stay there for long periods of time, but as soon and I give it full throttle it clears and runs on two. I also had another problem the other day where it died one me, start it, runs for 2 seconds and dies. It would do that over and over until I wiggled the key, kill switch, tether and throttle, then it started and ran, but now I have the issues mentioned above. The tss has already been eliminated, that why I have the tether on. Any ideas? TPS?

M
Mar 23, 2008
just happened to me---take a look at your spark plug boots. one of mine the clip/contact inside separated and lost contact intermittently, i went to change the plug a second time and it came out of the boot with the plug. :pizza:

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Either that or your tether. I know you checked it. I had the same problem w mine and it gave me fits. I wiggled the tether and it didn’t do it so I assumed it wasn’t the tether. Took it in to carls and raised hell. Jack struthers came out and gave the tether a real aggressive tug and it died right there. Needless to say, I walked out of there feeling mighty dumb. They adjusted it and never gave me another problem.
Also try looking at your throttle cable. A little tight and it’ll do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Oct 30, 2016
Spark plug boots look ok. I’m going to buy new boots and plugs and give that a try. I also pulled on the tether pretty hard side to side and it didn’t do anything.

C
Oct 30, 2016
There’s about 1700 miles on the sled, original engine was replaced around 700 miles. Plugs have been changed before but it’s been a while so I’ll go get a new set and throw them in. I’ve be running 91 octane from the same gas station for a while now.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
Sounds like either a spark plug or boot, or both. I've seen the plug caps about wore right off the top of the spark plugs on my pro..

S
Feb 26, 2018
Had something similar happening to me, was using champion plugs took them out both plugs the electrode would slide up and down, changed plugs had it happen again first 200 miles took out champions got NGK in now

Premium Features