• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New HRP 2006 440IQ For Sale

C
Nov 26, 2007
Carl's big bore

I was not aware that Jacks big bores had crank issues. The Polaris ves 800 big block had crank issues and since Jack had a 910 big bore kit that fit on that bottom end, there may have been some crank failure's, but that in no way was jacks fault. In fact several people claimed that the 910 engine had better harmonics than the 800, causing the crank to last longer.

At any rate, carl's 840 and 860 big block kits are not known to have crank issues that I am aware of.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Just curious, who has rode a IQR mod and a RAW chasis??? Can someone compare the two, hillclimbing, boondocking, ect? Some inquiring minds would like to know...

thanks... justin

I got to throw my leg over a 159 Racer mod with a UBR 900 in it up at whistler last year. Compared to the 07 Dragon, the handling was a bit easier for me.. It felt like a narrow RMK in the cab with a bit more rider forward.. It was light as well at about 440 lbs claimed and felt like it.

The bulkheads are near identical with the diff being the location of the steering hoop/column and where your body is positioned.

Wicked sleds.

For me, a smaller rider, the IQR was easier to thread up thru the trees and pound around in .... not my sled so I didnt push it and this may be a result of the ARS shocks and no sway bar... I could put less "english" on it to get it to go where I wanted it to.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Ohhh FFS, now I dont know what to do. I didnt even really ask the question for me. I had my mind all made up that a RAW chasis was my next project. Now you have me on the fence again.

I am just hesitant because a lot of people who did the ole ProX conversions loved them, but I did not. Just didnt seem to handle the best for me. That is why I was gonna do an RMK based sled...

now I am just torn again...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The ultimate boondocking sled, IMO for Polaris would be a Raw Chassis 144, with the Carls 860 carbed kit in, adapt the IQR steering hoop and steering gear plus body work to fit the RMK chassis.

Run a ported Camo extreme 144 x 2.5, tubular driveshaft/extros, lightweight A-arms/spindles and a good light skid out back.

For the engine... Drop in and go.. The 600 with the 860 kit in it and a lot of lighweight goodies.

If you are heavier or like to climb alot... the 156 or 162 (in a 155 or 163 chassis).

For $1050 brand new for a bulkhead and tunnel with cooler from Polaris, you aren't going to get a much lighter tunnel and bulkhead assy for that kind of money.

Last edited:
R
Nov 27, 2007
I think the bigger question is, why doesn't Polaris make this sled themselves? I know that they could be the market leaders again if they would make this sled? Come on Tom T. step up. I'm tired of waiting.

Premium Features