• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's In your pack

F
Nov 26, 2007
I'm just gearin up for the season and was looking for some good Ideas on what others carry in thier packs, right now I carry

Extra:
gloves
socks
Batteries
Along with:
shovel
Flagging tape
Some snacks and vitamins
First aid Kit
Fire Starter
Space Blanket

and then daily of course lunch and water

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Light weight, but thorough, right?

exactly what you carry, plus:
Whistle
signal mirror
spare goggles

Most importantly:
beacon
Garmin Rino 530 (gps/radio)

B

BRUSHMASTER

Nov 26, 2007
Northern, MN
pack contents

Extra goggles
beacon
GPS
two way radio
extra gloves
snacks
lots of water
shovel
probe
stocking cap

by the way the garmin rino's are very cool, can be used when you become disconected with group the other rino's show up as icons on the screen and is a two way radio. they work well once you figure them out.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Beacon goes on you, not in the pack
Shovel/probe go in backpack
GPS in top pocket
Radio, extra antenna or two (small is convienent, but gain is good)
camera
flashlight
gloves
socks
duct tape and electrical tape
food, snacks, candy
water, nalgenes + bottled waters for the tards that forget to bring their own
extra batteries for everything (GPS, beacon, radio, 9volt+steel wool starts fires nicely)
map/compass (when all else fails)
basic first aid kit

and some other stuff i'm sure i left out. Rather have it and not need it than vice versa.

B
Nov 21, 2007
Jackson WY
I'm trying something new this season. I'm packing some of the extra gloves, layers and socks in vacuum sealed storage bags to save space in the pack and keep them dry. The bags don't seem especially durable, but I'm trying it.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Beacon goes on you, not in the pack
Shovel/probe go in backpack
GPS in top pocket
Radio, extra antenna or two (small is convienent, but gain is good)
camera
flashlight
gloves
socks
duct tape and electrical tape
food, snacks, candy
water, nalgenes + bottled waters for the tards that forget to bring their own
extra batteries for everything (GPS, beacon, radio, 9volt+steel wool starts fires nicely)
map/compass (when all else fails)
basic first aid kit

and some other stuff i'm sure i left out. Rather have it and not need it than vice versa.

Where do you put the mule that carries all this cr@p? In your @ss pocket?

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
One addition to your pack should be a tampon.. now hear me out.. they are great for dipping into the gastank and starting a fire with... also a great gag to hand to a buddy that is whining about stupid chit..

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Ummm.... I carry my cell phone and a cloth to clean my glasses in a pocket on my coat... I carry a first aid kit on my sled.... that's about it...

BUT.. so far I've stayed close to home, well 17km or so... so worst case a 2 hour spirited hike home

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
tools

maybe not in your pack but somewhere take tools. my sled doesn't have a tool kit and my buddy says he buys a new one so he doesn't need tools but the only reason his sled made it off the mountain last Saturday is because a friend and i packed just enough tools to fix his sled he will be packing tools needles to say it adds weight but its better than walking(the tools he needed where torx bits and we made a allan wrench work we'll be carrying both now) suggestions plyers,vise grips, plug wrench, 10 12 &14mm wrench's, multi func. screw driver, med crescent wrench, letherman take your pick i've used all of these at one time or another

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Insurance. Like Chris Rock says "in case $hit happens." Hey Twisted Boost I might know those guys your talking about. I'll see ya this winter and buy ya a cold one from one of their sleds. God know's they have a spare, or 8. LOL

boxboy

Last edited:
W

Wolfrun

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Lander Wy
All good plus I carry a small roll of tie wire , about 3 feet of gas line tubing and a couple of ground sheets.

Premium Features