• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need input on what parts to machine

K
Apr 20, 2019
Looking for some input on what I should start machining for parts, what do people want? What needs to be fixed.

So far I’m in the prototyping phase for brake levers, front bumpers with rebuildable shear points(to save the bulk head and rebuild with ease) chaincase guards and rear bumpers and bracing.

My shop capabilities are 5axis CNC machining
4 axis router, 50 fibre laser, 5x12 plasma table.

I do this on the side for basically me and my buddies, if you have an idea for a prototype drop me a line.

Made in Prince George BC for riders by riders

DA1DD43D-030A-40D7-B43C-B1C41FB05337.jpeg

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I just got an alpha and right away my complaint is front bumper and rear bumper big time, it Needs to come out probably 4 inches so you can actually Grab it. And the front I see on the older a/c people had a bigger aftermarket bumper. Haven't looked at what's out there though as it'll be parked for the summer so will think about it come Next season.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Look at making a replacement bracket/light for the tail light. There is another guy who offers one but it's not the highest quality. It is something people have griped about since the ProClimbs came out.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Spacer?

Could a 1" or so taller spacer be built to fit the ski and the bottom of the stock
spindle? That way, you could mess around with moving the ski front to back
some to see what works best. Would be relatively simple piece to make some different designs from to see what works best.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Could a 1" or so taller spacer be built to fit the ski and the bottom of the stock
spindle? That way, you could mess around with moving the ski front to back
some to see what works best. Would be relatively simple piece to make some different designs from to see what works best.

Ice Age offered a good explanation of why this doesn't work well in the elevate kit thread. The stock spindle doesn't have the strength to handle the extra leverage. Also there's enough variability in the cast spindle bottoms that you can't consistently get anything to mate up tight. If you do it becomes loose shortly as the cast wears from the joint flexing.

If the lift block was mounted to the ski you'd want an ultra stiff rubber damper between it and the spindle. Stock one would squish more easily and likely wear out quick.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
This might sell.
7040a8361c118a1430197c8d0f21b576.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
The 19 oil cap is much better than the 18

19 still does it pretty good- took me all day one day in the garage to figure out what was making that noise. Thought it was something electrical in my garage going on, lol. It's amazing the pressure that builds up in those tanks in mere hours just sitting there. I'd be all over a vented cap.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
id like a nice contoured plastic piece to replace the muffler bulge out they put on proclimb and ascenders in the bellypan. It digs in on sidehills. Anybody with an aftermarket can would benefit from a flat piece that follows the line of the bellypan better. around $50 with the rivets would sell like hotcakes.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
A front bumper which absorbs small hits before being damaged, like spring loaded sliding tubes or using styrofoam crush pieces inside which can be easily replaced.

Sounds like a poll might be best to see which of the various items people want the most, then hone in on that item with another poll which gives possible design features.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Any particular model to order cap for

Just order a 19 AC oil cap. It's changed from the 18 and older caps. The cap on my Alpha has not leaked once and it's spent some time upside down. This summer I'm ordering one for my 16; the 16 cap is a leaking SOB!!!!

Premium Features