• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

> > > SnoWest says THANK YOU to our "Most Active" members!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
you can slap me with life member,super duper mod badge and a new sled.thank you
Dang biler, how can you not have 6000 post?.. come on get busy..post some would you...
Christopher, can I donate 300 post to Biler to get him over thehump? if so..you can only use my post that expound the virtues of the POO...that way biler can finally come out of the closet........

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Dang biler, how can you not have 6000 post?.. come on get busy..post some would you...
Christopher, can I donate 300 post to Biler to get him over thehump? if so..you can only use my post that expound the virtues of the POO...that way biler can finally come out of the closet........
Sorry Boss.

J
Dec 15, 2008
Orofino, Id
Momma must have lied to me…. you mean it isn't true that people who have sh!t for brains have diarrhea of the mouth? Guess those lips should just keep on flappin! ;)

Congrats for those who met the high mark

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
as per my first post, I will stand on my soapbox and STILL say that rewarding those that have been around the longest should have been treated right... not just the post whores.

... no biggie, wouldn't have even commented if you wouldn't have sent an email telling us what a nice thing you did!

... and no conspiracy theory! BUT thanks for thinking so! I was actually giving you a compliment...

Have a nice day, Christopher.

Ace

While I totally understand about the distinction between people who post for no reason & just bs (fouled plug type stuff) I definitely dont' see any reason to reward someone who has been taking information, and giving nothing back longer than most... that defeats the purpose of the forum.

In some forums I'm somewhat knowledgeable, and I give a decent bit, add my opinion on items, and in some, I just read since I've got a ton to learn... but at least in the places where someone does need a hand, those that post are more helpful than those that don't. If the forum was full of people who didn't post, it would be non-existent.

I'd agree with tony about the "thanks" distinction, but that's kind of a popularity contest too... there's no ONE metric that makes sense 100% of the time.

Either way, I just saw the badge under my name & went looking for an explanation, and considering that I would likely have paid (and BIT**ED about it, because that's just how I roll :D ) That life badge just saved me some money, and THAT I most definitely appreciate, and just the fact that there's a "token" of appreciation... IMO is pretty cool. I don't see this changing much in people's behavior, so I don't see the nefarious side of it...

Sorry, gotta go... I've got to go find a thread where I can complain to Christopher quick so that I feel better :face-icon-small-hap

THANKS!

Last edited:
V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
Kaleb,

Christopher must have gotten wind you were stirring up the hornets next, pun intended, over on the doo site. :)

I got a lump of coal. Meh, I got what I deserve. BTW. that 860 test drive we didn't get around to last year got T-motion over the summer :)

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
so what about the guys that lost hundreds of posts when we switched forums?i dont want anything from yah, but its funny you reward peps who spend 95% of there posts in fouled plug.:face-icon-small-ton

R

Ridgeback71

Nov 18, 2013
Liberty Lake WA
Concur with those who thought it was a nice gesture. My take is anyone who has posted that much has helped a newbie in one way or another on more than one occasion. Many of those I've seen a lot of activity from have also made me laugh like M8 above ( I've started to wonder what he's looking at through that scope).

In the last two weeks since joining, I've already gotten enough value to pay for a $60 lifetime membership. This isn't Shakedown Street, and I've spent money on a lot less (almost accidentally used the word "blown" there; that would have come back to haunt me). That may have ended my posting career b4 it even started!

Premium Features