• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

front suspsension

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
While I'm at it, where exactly is the sway bar? I'm thinking mine was removed. I have one bar that goes through belly pan and connects to steering unit. Then 2 more off each trailing arm that connect to bellypan. I assume these are the radius rods. Thanks.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Sounds like its gone. It would be behind the radius rods and run right thru the bulkhead. You would see it plainly if it was there. As for the shocks just make sure they are the same center to center distance as the ones that are on there and they will work fine. If the sled leans to one side maybe throw a new set of springs on there, there not a lot of money.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, those shocks are 16" centers.

You MIGHT stuff a 15.5" shock in there....MAX.
You probably need 14.5 to 15" shocks.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Depends on what sled this is on. Xc's and XCR's run 16 inch shocks up front. My XCR front end is 42 wide and thats what it runs. The narrower RMK would run the shocks listed above.

C
Jan 25, 2011
south lake tahoe
So i want to take my front shocks off and adjust the springs, clean, etc. What is the best way to go about doing this? How do you support the sled when you take the shock out without crushing something? I'm sure it's an easy solution, thanks for the advice.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
So i want to take my front shocks off and adjust the springs, clean, etc. What is the best way to go about doing this? How do you support the sled when you take the shock out without crushing something? I'm sure it's an easy solution, thanks for the advice.

milk crate is perfect.

Premium Features